“A Great Place For The Kids”

Explore More Discovery Museum
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Denton, Tx
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Great Place For The Kids”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This place is well-done but I wished it was just a bit bigger. I think it can grow, as it is funded more in the future. But they are off to a great start, with a great science lab, and imagination play areas. There are many parents here with preschoolers but I brought my young teens (13 and 15) with my 8 year old, who also enjoyed it. I didn't think the teens would stay long and I even offered them another place to go to while I stayed with my 8 year old but they decided to stay! I really enjoyed the self-serve art center. While I was expecting to spend an hour there on a rainy day, I was surprised that we were actually there closer to three hours - until they closed!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Li_Galo_Travl_Writer

Tidewater, VA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“I wish we lived closer”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My 7-year old autistic grandson was enthralled with everything this discovery zone had to offer. Please take the time to dress them up in the coveralls, smocks and lab coats with goggles. Give them the full experience that is offered.

If I lived closer, I'd be there every week.

Visited April 2013
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

What an awesome museum. My kids are 6 & 7 and they loved it. She enjoyed playing house and milking the cows. My son liked the computer games and ambulance. My husband enjoyed the 'garage' and changing the muffler! Thank you for a wonderful afternoon...we could have spent hours there...just playing! It's very inexpensive!

Visited March 2013
Usa, Japan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A lot of fun for kids and well organized”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I like this museum.
A lot of smart activities for the kids.
But it took me more than two months to receive the member card!

Visited December 2012
timberville, Virginia, USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kids love it!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We took our 22 month old and our 4 month old and the things they played with drove them crazy. The ambulance with flashing lights and the car they can work on and the train and a kids kitchen was awesomr for them. Our first trip there and won't be our last.