“Kids love this place”

174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Kids love this place”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My kids would have spent the whole day here if they could. After 3.5 hours mom and dad had had enough. This hands on museum had a read ambulance, with medical gear and information. They had a real tractor with a cow you could milk. They had a produce market where you could "buy", weigh and then cook in a kid sized kitchen. They had an art area where the kids had a guided art project to do. There was also a Merck Lab where you learned about insects, and had microscopes and blocks to make chemical compounds. There is also a theater area where the kids can face paint, dress up and put on plays. We visited 4 years ago when the museum was in a smaller facility. My 8 year old has asked to return to this museum for the past 4 years and she was not disappointed. For parents its gets boring after about an hour. When lots of kids come in it gets crowded and noisy, but after the camp group left it was quieter. It was worth the sacrifice to make the kiddies happy.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mary532

Washington, DC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A perfect place to spend a few hours with my four-year-old. She is already begging to go back. Lots of different areas for kids to explore in and learn. And fun for the parents to participate in as well.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SeabornDC
Ewing, NJ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice and fun, but small”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Drove here from a campground in Luray when we were looking for something to do with the kids (ages 3 & 5) on a rainy day. The kids had a really good time. They loved shopping for foods in the market area, pretending to fix a car, exploring a real ambulance and playing in the kid sized kitchen. I knew the place wouldn't be huge from the other reviews, but it was still much smaller than I expected. But the price was definitely right - only $6 per person. The play areas are done well and it's worth a visit if you're in the area.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank inanity101
Denton, Tx
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Great Place For The Kids”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This place is well-done but I wished it was just a bit bigger. I think it can grow, as it is funded more in the future. But they are off to a great start, with a great science lab, and imagination play areas. There are many parents here with preschoolers but I brought my young teens (13 and 15) with my 8 year old, who also enjoyed it. I didn't think the teens would stay long and I even offered them another place to go to while I stayed with my 8 year old but they decided to stay! I really enjoyed the self-serve art center. While I was expecting to spend an hour there on a rainy day, I was surprised that we were actually there closer to three hours - until they closed!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Li_Galo_Travl_Writer
Tidewater, VA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“I wish we lived closer”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My 7-year old autistic grandson was enthralled with everything this discovery zone had to offer. Please take the time to dress them up in the coveralls, smocks and lab coats with goggles. Give them the full experience that is offered.

If I lived closer, I'd be there every week.

Visited April 2013