“Great locally-sourced nutritious lunch”

A Bowl of Good Cafe'
Ranked #33 of 269 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place is quite unique. You can get a "Bowl of Good" in many varieties. If you're vegan - they've got it. If you want meat - bring it on. Hot bowls or cold bowls. Salads. Even breakfast. You will find something tasty here. Friendly staff. Moderate prices.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I don't know why others are excited about this place. I ordered the $8 African bowl and essentially got a very few shreds of chicken, white beans and rice, and a scoop of sour cream. Little flavor, so I used quite a bit of hot sauce. Tables are uncomfortably close. I left hungry.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This cute little place offers international selections, to give you the flair of faraway lands. BUT, the food is not only delicious, its also HEALTHY!!! One of my favorite places to eat!!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

While touring Harrisonburg, Virginia my husband and I decided to try this gem of a place. We went there during the lunch rush and ordered at the counter. The line was long but moved very fast as the staff was prepared. We ordered the spaghetti and meatballs that came with a fresh slice of wheat bread. The favor of the sauce was great! We met in line the owner's husband that had brought a friend to the restaurant. He suggested several dishes and was very jolly and friendly. We left our name so they could call us up when our food was ready. We found a table and waited just a short time for our food. However, the owner's husband was very attentive and came to our table from his and asked what we had ordered and when up to check on it. He personally brought it to our table and asked if we would like extra or a dessert on the house as he felt we had waited too long. We were tired and hungry and were very impressed by his attention to good customer service. I also noticed that he cleared the dirty dish dispense area on a regular basis and he even took our dishes away. The place was packed and everyone's food looked as good as ours. We did not have to wait long for such a busy place as our food was coming up when he went up to the counter but the personal touch was appreciated. I would go back to this place in a heart beat! Good food, good service and a kind and attentive owner and family. This business is a success in my book!!!

1  Thank JLDC
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Delicious and different foods that are served in a friendly environment. Ask for a taste of anything you are sure about and you will be accommodated. They serve many locally sourced foods and always have great, fair-trade coffee. This is a business with a conscience!

1  Thank Kathy W