“FRESH!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
“FRESH!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Lunch yesterday was fresh kale, dilly tuna salad, homemade whole grain bread and garden mint tea. Just the best! Wonderful atmosphere and service!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kathy W

Gainesville, Georgia
“I love their soups!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Wonderful, healthy soups with lots of flavor. Especially like the vegetarian lentil and spinach soup. Every meal I have had, has been wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
“HubbaDub”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped overnight in Harrisonburg. Trying to watch the carbs but wanted flavor. What a gem of a place. Food is off the charts. Very reasonably priced. Very different.

“A bowl of awesome!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a great place to go for healthy food for every meal! I love their international menu, and having food that is nutritious and locally sourced is a major plus.

We stopped here for dinner while passing through Harrisonburg on a road trip. It was highly recommended to us by our friends at JMU, and for good reason.

Even though the place closed at 8:30 and we arrived at 8:15, the two girls working there were super friendly and patient, telling us all about the menu options and giving great recommendations.

I opted for the Maharaja bowl with curried lentils and brown rice topped with mango chutney and organic yogurt - delicious! I was also able to try bites of the Bowl de la Milpa with black beans, rice, salsa, sour cream, and avacado, as well as the Tom Kha Gai bowl, which was a very tasty Thai style coconut-based chicken soup.

The soup of the day was Cincinnati Chili, and since one of our group was actually from Cincinnati, we had to try it. I had never had this type of chili before, but I loved the combo of spicy peppers and the hint of chocolate and cinnamon. Our Cincinnati native said it could have used more cinnamon, but I loved it.

The bread served on the side was also great, especially their home made 9-grain.

If I am ever passing through town, I will be sure to visit this cafe again - I'm dying to try just about everything else on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
Norfolk, Va
“Great locally-sourced nutritious lunch”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place is quite unique. You can get a "Bowl of Good" in many varieties. If you're vegan - they've got it. If you want meat - bring it on. Hot bowls or cold bowls. Salads. Even breakfast. You will find something tasty here. Friendly staff. Moderate prices.

Visited March 2014