“Very disapointing!”
Review of Union Station

Union Station
Ranked #17 of 263 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The four of us ( 2 couples) went here on a recommendation from our hotel manager. We arrived around 7:30pm and had a 20 minute wait for a table, o we waited upstairs in the bar. That was expected on a Saturday evening. My gf and I had filet mignon. It was good, and cooked to order. My friend's wife had the meatballs with pasta, and she said it was very good. Now the problem that ruined our whole dining experience. My friend ordered a ribeye steak. It arrived 5 minutes after the rest of us received our meals. The steak was nothing, and I mean nothing, but fat and grissel. The mean time, the 3 of us are eating our meal while its hot. It took 10 minutes(yes 10 minutes) for my friend to get our waiter's attention. When our waiter came over he took the plate and said what can I bring you instead. My friend said he wanted the filet mignon, since ours was good and lean. The mean time the rest of us begain eating our meals. After 5 minutes a young girl, manager on duty I assume, came over and said she saw the ribeye and it was "disgusting". She said she was putting in and order for the filet mignon and it wld take 8 minutes to cook medium rare. The mean time the rest of us are half-way thru our meals, as 10 minutes have passed since the ribeye was sent back, and 20 minutes have passed since he rec the bad steak. We waited another 15 minutes and my friend's steak was not out to yet. At this time I was getting angry, as this couple was our guest. I went up to the young lady and asked where my friend's steak was. I told her I would be writting a review on Tripadvisor. She looked at me like I was crazy! She said the grill was very busy and she was doing the best she could. He FINALLY got his steak 35 minutes after he sent the ribeye back. The rest of us had finished eating, as my friend begain eating his meal. The waiter came over and asked if the rest of us wanted desert, while he ate his meal. This was unexceptable. The young lady did not charge him for the steak. This in no way made up for how awkward it was for my friend. I felt so bad for him. The four of us will never return to this restuarant again!!

4  Thank mikeyt62

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I stopped by Harrisonburg, for the first time, recently. We asked someone on the street for a lunch recommendation and we were pointed to Union Station. Great menu, great food, and great service!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stop in Harrisonburg, VA. several times a year and find mostly chains or restaurants with poor ratings. Recently, we stumbled on Union Station and it is now our preferred place to go in Harrisonburg. The restaurant is in a restored building and has been well done. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. The selections on the menu are excellent and varied. It was easy to find something light as well as full meals. Not sure if they employ a chef, but our selections were definitely chef quality. The service was superior. The Green Tea cake is definitely worth a try. The restaurant is located in downtown Harrisonburg and a little tricky to find, so if you have GPS use it. Once you have found it, it is easy to find again. Also, did not find menu items to be overpriced. Definitley worth a try and we will be back.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The restaurant is a restored building. They did an excellent job. The menu has something for everyone. My husband and I both got the BBQ which was the best we ever had. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Very friendly to tired tourists who gobbled up the half price appetizers. Each dish had a distinctive chef's touch. Loved the cannonball buger & the chorizo nachos. Would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Michael C