Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisonburg
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed on 4th floor, was very quiet, shower was excellent, bed was comfy, room was clean. The room has a slight strange odor when you entered, not sure if from cleaning materials or something else. Did not not bother us, but was strange. Free breakfast was very good and had decent selection of thing to eat. The only downside was the hot tub in the pool area was hot, but bubbles did not function when you turn the timer on. Also, the hot tub had lots of sand it making it a bit dirtier than I would like. Pool area in general is very nice and the pool clean. Would stay here again. Bring a night light if you make night trips to the bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member which means I spend allot of time on the road and have spent many nights in Marriott hotels. I have been a regular customer at the Harrisonburg Fairfield Inn & Suites for over 6 months. There are three Marriott hotels in Harrisonburg and I choose to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites because I feel it provides me with the best value and has the most customer focused staff.

I usually arrive late night or early morning. The night manager Sara is always there, greets me with a smile and quickly gets me checked in. I am an early morning person. Sara is very personable and gets to know her customers. She knows that I typically leave before the normal breakfast hours and she makes sure breakfast is ready before I leave each day. She always goes above and beyond when it comes to making customers feel welcome. I appreciate all she does to make the Fairfield Inn & Suites feel like my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HburgFFISgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Robert S, thank you for the fantastic review. We love Sara too! See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My type of work requires I often travel to the Harrisonburg area on business. I've stayed at many places in the area but have established the Fairfield Inn as my "go to" place to stay. The facility is relatively new and is always kept in top condition. The rooms are very nice for the price and the room staff does a good job cleaning up everytime. For as often as I use the work out room (which is not often enough) it is perfect for what I need. The continental breakfast is good, not fancy , but it has a good selection and is always stocked well. The thing I appreciate is that it is ready right at 6:00 am which allows me to get an early start. The best part is the staff, specially the front desk staff. They are always friendly and recognize me by name. Most notably, the front desk manager in the morning, Sara, she always greats me with a smile and goes out of her way to may sure my room is a top floor (my preference) everytime I arrive in town and Michael who essetially has my key as soon as I walk in the front door. If you are looking for a very clean and reasonbly priced hotel with friendly staff. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. I prefer above ground floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HburgFFISgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

I will be sure to pass your comments on to Michael and Sara, I'm sure they will be honored you mentioned them with such kind words. Thanks!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have stayed here previously when visiting family and will stay again. Typical newer Fairfield Inn, well maintained and clean (room and common areas). Room with 2 queens was decent size with comfortable beds and a very quiet climate system. Standard Fairfield Inn breakfast with good sized breakfast area. Property is away from the main roads and very quiet (adjacent to low rise professional offices) but convenient to I-81 and route 33. JMU exit is one mile south on the interstate. Hotel is surrounded by plenty of dining and shopping options (including Costco) as well as near a movie theater. Good sized parking lot with multiple building entrances. Staff was professional and friendly. We stayed 2 nights--one on a Marriott certificate and second at AAA rate. Check in and out were very smooth. No surprises--if you like Fairfield Inns you should be pleased with your stay here.

1  Thank SDR_NC
HburgFFISgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is greatly appreciated. See you again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel was booked for me by my company so I did not choose it myself. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room. I think the rooms/hotel might be new. Very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large and very clean. You are in suburbia no it is nice and quiet with very little traffic noise and nice views. It is also very close to some great shopping and good choices for restaurants - all a very short drive away. The staff were very friendly and helpful as I had not been to Harrisonburg before. I had the breakfast both mornings. Can really recommend the oatmeal - hot and tasty. There were sausage patties and scrambled eggs and various breads/bagels too. The only thing to say - the coffee was not good. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be about the same - clean, spacious and nice views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HburgFFISgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We are so lucky to be located in such a wonderful area, it's hard not to enjoy the views. I'm so glad you liked our oatmeal, it’s one of my favorites! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on 12/27/2013. We had a 5 night reservation beginning on 12/28/2013 at the Marriott Residence Inn which is located right next door (the Resident Inn was full on 12/27/2013. We arrived later (around 10pm), upon checking in I explained to the front desk that we were moving to another one of their properties right next door literally within hours. I asked if I could have a late check-out (I am a rewards member). The attendant was very understanding and offered me a 2pm check-out time in view of the inconvenience of having to move. I graciously accepted. At 12:02 pm housekeeping started banging on the door, before I could get to the door they tried to open it which I had dead bolted. I explained we had a late check-out. At 12:04 I got a phone call from Sarah at the front desk letting me know that a 2pm check-out was not acceptable and I needed to vacate by 1pm at the latest. I explained what transpired when checking in and she reiterated that is was not documented and would not be possible. I began packing up (at this point I just wanted out of the Fairfield), Sarah then calls back and says "if 2pm works for you, it is fine with me". At this point I was totally confused and just wanted to check-out. Upon leaving I stopped at the front desk and spoke to Sarah who apologized for the confusion. I am certain the attendant the night before was pre-occupied and failed to notate what we discussed as there was a disruption in the lobby. However, if handled in true Marriott customer service standard, if a guest can give you detailed information of a conversation they had with the attendant checking-in, regardless of the break down in communication you HONOR what your guest was told. I frequent this area regularly and am an exclusive Marriott customer only. This is the first time I have ever been asked to vacate a room and even though Sarah called back and offered the later check-out time, I do not feel I was initially treated as a valued customer/rewards member.

The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The housekeeper had even left a very nice holiday greeting on the desk. This was absolutely not a housekeeping error.

1  Thank dr_baba

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review. Sorry for the confusion, it sounds like there was a bit of miscommunication. Please know that we do make every effort to honor every guest request, including late checkouts. I hope you enjoyed your extend stay in Harrisonburg and that we can welcome you into our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We picked this hotel due to a previous stay in Baltimore (going up the coast). The hotel was clean, staff very friendly (smiles and hellos) and breakfast buffet very satisfying.
The young woman serving the breakfast buffet was doing a wonderful job keeping up with the demand .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your nice comment. I love our breakfast too!