Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisonburg
Comfort Inn(Harrisonburg)
US$90
US$80
ComfortInn
The Village Inn(Harrisonburg)(Great Value!)
US$92
CandlewoodSuites
US$86
US$84
Priceline
All reviewsfree breakfastfront desk staffjames madison universitynice hotelwafflesstay there againbreakfast arealong driveking suiteshopping and restaurantsbeds were comfortablelots of restaurantsstaff was friendlyroom was spotlessvisiting jmuwe've stayedgreat stop
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had to stop unexpectedly on our way to Houston due to a medical emergency. I needed a room so I could get some sleep before continuing in the next day. Got there after midnight. The lady at the desk could not have been any more helpful and caring. Thank you! It is having staff like this at almost every Marriott property that keeps me coming back. She got me set up with a quiet room, and asked what else she could do to help the situation. The room was clean, warm and the beds were comfortable. Best of all it was quiet. The medical issues were resolved and in the morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and some really good coffee before resuming out trip. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HJK13
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We travel to Harrisonburg at least 3 times a year and this was our first stay at the Fairfield. It was quite nice and looked brand new. On the small downside, the breakfast was average and there was no microwave in the breakfast room for the muffins. The Residence Inn next door has a nicer breakfast and the rooms are huge but the price is much higher. So, overall, for the price you will be very happy with the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Harrisonburg.

Room Tip: If you have older children get the larger studio room. It provides a little bit of privacy between the 2 sleeping area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Harrisonburg VA prior to attending an event at nearby (and I mean NEARBY) James Madison University. Fairfield Inns are definitely "cookie cutter" hotels, but that's not always a bad thing. This is the at least the 3rd one we've stayed at during the past few years, and they truly seem almost identical to each other, but they are CONSISTENT (in a good way) and I've found that their quality is quite good for the dollars paid. Decor is modern and fresh, rooms are reasonably spacious, and the bedding (and overabundance of pillows) quite comfortable. My only minor complaint with this property (and the other Fairfield Inns where we've stayed) is that the "hall noise" really carries into the rooms -- It's not that we heard "room noise" from other rooms, but the doors open and close very loudly, and if people are talking loudly in the hall you can definitely hear them. I'm not sure that I'd choose a Fairfield Inn as a "destination" hotel, but it certainly fits the bill when you're looking for a good quality place to stay for a night or two along the way. And in terms of value, I think they offer a very good deal overall. (By the way, this particular location is about a 2-minute drive to the James Madison University campus in Harrisonburg; breakfast is included and parking is free.)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Luv2Travel_19438
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arrived here after driving 1000 miles in one day. I wanted a comfortable, quiet place and this place was what I was looking for. It's a little tricky to find, since it if off the Interstate several blocks, but adequate parking, a nice and clean room and bathroom, and friendly staff. The breakfast the next morning was good. I would stay there again for sure. One of the nicest, cleanest places I have stayed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed on 4th floor, was very quiet, shower was excellent, bed was comfy, room was clean. The room has a slight strange odor when you entered, not sure if from cleaning materials or something else. Did not not bother us, but was strange. Free breakfast was very good and had decent selection of thing to eat. The only downside was the hot tub in the pool area was hot, but bubbles did not function when you turn the timer on. Also, the hot tub had lots of sand it making it a bit dirtier than I would like. Pool area in general is very nice and the pool clean. Would stay here again. Bring a night light if you make night trips to the bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple