“One night for work”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Tallahassee
“One night for work”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I as a platinum member, I asked for a later check out. But I was given until 12:30. One strike from me. The room was clean and basic. For the money, I would stay somewhere else. There was a little refrigerator in the room which I always appreciate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I have not stayed at a Fairfield Inn in a long time. I saw the reviews & decided to try it when I was passing thru. I could not have been happier with the room. It was very clean & nice. The breakfast was pretty typical for this type of place but good. They kept the tables clean and replenished food. Would def stay again!

Stayed May 2014
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed here multiple times on my way North. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Great pool and hot tub for a relaxing evening. The location is excellent, lots of restaurants to choose from with a lot of shopping in area. Easily accessible from I81. The breakfast in the morning is very good and the coffee (always available) is excellent. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel for any length of stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor. I like to be away from the noise and hopefully get a wonderful view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 29 April 2014

In my experience, Fairfield Inns can be hit or miss. This one's a winner! It's clean, comfortable (nice bed, choice of pillows, A/C not overly noisy), overall in good shape because it's fairly new and has touches that I like, such as mini fridge and microwave in the room, acceptable WiFi speed, etc. It's also a good value but rates can vary depending on what's going on in the area.

But remember it's limited service with a very much so-so breakfast (included in nightly rate), there's not much around within walking distance and, as a fellow-reviewer noted, pretty cookie-cutter. All fine by me - you need to know what to expect in this type of hotel category.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good location. Close to shopping and restaurants. Includes a free breakfast, had a good selection of different foods but very busy. Small pool was fun for the kids. Elevators were really slow. Seems expensive for location, I've paid less for outside of DC.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Drg338
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Had to stop unexpectedly on our way to Houston due to a medical emergency. I needed a room so I could get some sleep before continuing in the next day. Got there after midnight. The lady at the desk could not have been any more helpful and caring. Thank you! It is having staff like this at almost every Marriott property that keeps me coming back. She got me set up with a quiet room, and asked what else she could do to help the situation. The room was clean, warm and the beds were comfortable. Best of all it was quiet. The medical issues were resolved and in the morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and some really good coffee before resuming out trip. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HJK13
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We travel to Harrisonburg at least 3 times a year and this was our first stay at the Fairfield. It was quite nice and looked brand new. On the small downside, the breakfast was average and there was no microwave in the breakfast room for the muffins. The Residence Inn next door has a nicer breakfast and the rooms are huge but the price is much higher. So, overall, for the price you will be very happy with the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Harrisonburg.

Room Tip: If you have older children get the larger studio room. It provides a little bit of privacy between t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family