We chose this hotel from the Red Book travel coupon book. We were looking for a decent hotel, reasonably priced, that offered a full breakfast.
We were checked into a double-queen room. Being a picky traveler with sinus problems, I wish I had asked to see a couple of rooms before immediately taking this room. The room we were in, 227, was directly above the pool and smelled like a mix of mustiness and chlorine. I am inclined to think it was chlorine, as I didn't wake up with serious sinus issues. The room needed to be dusted. The bathroom was nice, but didn't have an exhaust fan or extra rolls of toilet paper.
The staff: friendly and very helpful, especially when assisting travel-weary consumers such as we were. We were happily referred to a local restaurant within walking distance.
The pool area is nice; the exercise room cool, with water available. The equipmen upgraded with individual televisions to make the exercise experience enjoyable.
At breakfast, patrons are provided with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, and yogurt. There was plenty of seating available as well.
We would stay here again if we find ourselves in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg by Marriott makes travel effortless with our convenient location near James Madison University. We are one of the premier hotels in Harrisonburg, Virginia, just minutes from Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Blue Ridge Mountains, Skyline Drive, Luray and Shenandoah Caverns, Eastern Mennonite University, and Civil War sights. Our spacious suites in Harrisonburg, VA, feature separate living areas and free high-speed Internet. After a great night's rest on luxurious bedding, enjoy a complimentary hot continental breakfast and a workout in our exercise room with complimentary access to Gold’s Gym. Unwind at our hotel in Harrisonburg, VA, after a long day in our indoor pool, pick up a snack anytime at our 24-hour market or take care of business at our business center. Our location is a great midway point when traveling through the Shenandoah Valley, offering easy access to I-81 and Route 33. Popular recreation, shopping and business attractions help inspire a memorable getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Harrisonburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg Hotel Harrisonburg