“Pleasantly Surprised”

Traditions Family Style Dining
Ranked #127 of 265 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We ate at Tradition's as part of a large group to celebrate a retirement of a friend, so my comments will not be applicable to the general seating area: the restaurant is located off Rt 42 right across from the feedmill in northeastern Harrisonburg, it is very easy to find in a small plaza. Once seated our drinks were brought and we all enjoyed the buffet. Now, normally I don't like the 'dumped out of a can' style of buffet...however you can tell Tradition's does not simply dump items out of cans, they have a large area with separate salad, entree, sides, and dessert stations. All stations were well stocked and clean, servers brought replacements out very promptly, and there was a large selection of everything. Staff was friendly and smiling, our plates were cleared, maybe a little too quickly, as one server wanted to take the silverware out of a gentleman's hand...Bathrooms were clean, albeit the ladies room was freezing cold... A very nice evening all in all. The next time we are in Harrisonburg we will plan to stop there.

3  Thank cntrymama_11

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Off the beaten path in the north western part of Harrisonburg, tucked into a small plaza near EMU. Food is homstyle on the buffet. They offer specials for holiday meals.

3  Thank dmc2013
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I really wanted to try this place. I had tried the fried chicken in carryout and liked it. We had to beg for refills when we dined here. The food was far from fresh and this was a saturday night. Our server spent most of the time talking to a male customer while ignoring us. My biggest pet peeve is the smell of cleaning products why we are eating. I will never com here again!

2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The food here is good and ther is a lot of it. It is buffet style and good old home cooking. You have to pay on the way in, so be prepared for that. They also have a meeting room and to go service.

1  Thank DonnieRam
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Whenever I'm in Harrisonburg for business, I take the team to Traditions. It's clean, friendly, comfortable, and has very good traditional food that suits everyone's tastes.