“Friendly staff, great continental breafast”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel was ranked one of the highest in the area. Now I know why. After your visit the hotel sends you a trip advisor link. I even commented when there that I might write a reveiw because the reviews were so high and the hotel was very average. I normally stay in Marriott properties so my comparision would be to a Residence Inn, Fairfield, or Springhill. This hotel was very average. It seemed newer. The room was tiny. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. There is no reason this hotel should be ranked so high unless the other hotels are really that bad.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Richard H, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We believe exceptional service makes a hotel great. That is what each and everyone of my staff strives for and in my opinion does a great job of. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Our second stay at this Microtel in Harrisonburg, Virginia. It was as good as
the first time. Everything was great.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank Wayne. P
We look forward to many more visits with you and your family. Thank you again.
Deer Park, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We are members of this hotel chain and we were very pleased with the women at the front desk.We used our points for our stay and my wife needs a larger room so they upgraded us. The staff was most helpful during our stay there. The room was very clean and the beds were excellent to sleep on. This was our third stay at this hotel and each time it has gotten better. The free breakfast was good and just enough to fill us for our remaining trip

Room Tip: always ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you and we look forward to a return visit very soon.

Chester Springs, PA
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband read (in Consumer Reports) of the positive reviews for this chain so we gave it a try as an overnight stay on a recent trip. We had no reservations and just walked in at 5:30 pm. We received a very warm welcome by the assistant manager and stayed in a spacious room (which was very clean despite the reviews I read after staying at the hotel) for $75 (including taxes). The space in the rooms are great for not only an overnight stay but for one who may be there on business. Recommendations I would have include: please clean the heating element for the coffee pot (I had to wipe the burned residue off the base); consider more mellow lighting in the rooms versus the overhead bright lights; and have HVAC units that are more quiet. We left the hotel for our return trip home without taking advantage of their breakfast so I can't comment on this.
The hotel chain is a great value for those who just need a quiet and comfortable site for a reasonable overnight stay while on road trips. I'm not sure I would recommend this location for women business travelers as the hotel desk was not manned between the hours of midnight to 6 am. (There was a sign that referred us to their sister hotel - Ramada- if assistance was needed. We went there to try to drop off our room keys as well as get our receipt at 5:30 am but there was a sign on the counter indicating the clerk was "assisting another customer" - not sure that's what I would want as a female business traveler).
There is a Cracker Barrel within quick walking distance which was very convenient for a comfort food dinner after traveling 8 plus hours - so all in all it worked for us. Also the hotel is "easy on - easy off" route I -81.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I really appreciate your "in depth" review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. I will certainly pass along you comments to my staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.