“Good for a night”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way to the south. The area is very busy. As the previous review stated the hotel is on a weird property that looks like the parking lot of an old hotel. There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance which we found helpful. The room, in my opinion, was very nice and clean. We had a queen bed with a partition with a couch on the other side. The front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast could have been better. Not much to choose from. The air conditioner in the room was very loud but all in all we had a nice rest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Richard H, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with my staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The stay at this hotel started out badly, with a snooty woman greeting my aunt at the front desk, who intended to use a coupon. Had she said they're currently not accepting them in a kinder way, it wouldn't have left such a bad taste, but unfortunately, the woman wasn't so kind about it. It was even more frustrating when we knew the coupon was only good for this exact location, so we couldn't go elsewhere. Not to mention, we were left wondering if the coupons were a ploy to bring in customers considering at first she said they were at 90% capacity to my aunt the first time, and the number had mysteriously lessened to 80% even though we had been there the whole time, no one had checked out. Our only thought was that they may have been simply using the coupons to lure people in since they were walk-in only. Although that did leave a sour taste in our mouths, we were left with no other choice than pay full price (nearly twice the price of the coupon). Despite the off-putting beginning, the rooms were beautiful and clean, aside from the sheets that we were provided with the pull out couch I slept on (they looked a bit dirty, but it was hard to tell if it was just stains or if they were just poorly washed). The location was nice considering we could just walk next door to the Cracker Barrel for dinner. Although the eating space was small and my aunt and I had to share a chair, there was plenty of delicious food. After the shift switched and new staff was on, we received wonderful service with a smile. If you're willing to risk paying full price when you have a coupon, this is a great place to stay. I suggest that if you have a coupon, either call first to get confirmation that they can be used before you go in or stay away unless you are willing to pay full price.

1  Thank Jessica L

It sounds as though we did not get off on the right foot with you and your aunt. I apologize for the poor communication and any misunderstanding from my staff. I am glad we contunued to improve our service during your stay and certainly hope you return again soon. The next time you stay with us please let me know personally so I might introduce myself. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My stay at your hotel was a good experience. I upgraded to a 1 bed room suite, however it is still very small. Fortunately it worked out ok because we were there a few days. If I had stayed longer it would have been uncomfortable. It was close to where we had to go and good restaurants.
Maid service was not good, she didn't make up the beds.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will remind my housekeeping staff on their bed making responsibilities. We hope to see you and your family again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The good: the hotel was newer and clean.

The bad: a long list. Starting with the location in a blighted area, the hotel is placed in what appears to be the parking lot of a old motel. The traffic noise in the room is huge with a major interstate and other large highways around the hotel. The noise from other rooms on either side plus from above is equally bothersome. The breakfast is not great with low quality foods, and bad coffee. We really needed rest and we did not get it at this hotel.

The price was good compared to other hotels in the area, but a good price will not compensate for a bad experience and no sleep. Like an earlier reviewer, I do not understand the high reviews.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Richard H, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

I certainly wish I could control the outside world of truck traffic but unfortunatley we cannot. Some days are worse than others. I would of been happy to move you to the other side of the hotel to try and make your stay a little more quiet and restful.

Reviewed 11 April 2014