“Great surprise in the 'burg!”

Mr. J's Bagels & Deli - East Market Street
Ranked #50 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Happy to find a bagel place in Harrisonburg this close to authentic NY style. Cute place, good selection of bagels and sandwiches, and day old bagels available in big bags!

There are newer reviews for Mr. J's Bagels & Deli - East Market Street

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The bagels here are true NY style bagels and they have lots of options. The employees are always friendly and the bagels are very reasonably priced. Great place to grab breakfast with friends or family, or grab it to go quickly. Definitely recommend Mr. J's!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My hotel recommended this bagel place and I was impressed. It was very convenient (right across the street from the hotel) and the bagels were top notch NY style bagels. There was a line out the door and this speaks volumes. It was worth the wait. I will gladly stop at this location next time I am travelling down I-81 to get my bagel fix. Great job all around for Mr J.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We visited Mr. J's on High Street and encountered very poor service and lack-luster food. No one greeted us at the counter; in fact, it took a few moments for the woman taking our order to finally agree to take it. Her supervisor asked her to take our order and she made it very clear this is not what she wanted to do. After we made our order other people's orders came out before ours who had ordered after us. When we finally did get ours, our egg sandwiches were cold. The chai tea was just a powder mix and not real chai tea...guess I should have known that. We will try another location because we do like Mr. J's bagels, but will surely never frequent this one again due to the terrible service and cold food. I love breakfast places and this did not meet my expectations at all. Also, the tables were dirty and there were toothpicks in the ceiling that some kids probably threw up there and the management hasn't removed or maybe not even noticed yet.

1  Thank lilmisscheerful
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We rarely try bagels outside of NY but were pleasantly surprised by the taste and quality. In addition the price of the bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich was amazing. Definitely a find!