“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here on our first night heading to FL. Hotel staff very pleasant. Our room was immaculate and bed was comfortable. We were given a room on the third floor right next to the ice and vending machines. We listened to running water and a fan most of the night. Breakfast in the AM was good, but limited. We arrived at 9:00 am and food and coffee not replenished. A little disappointing!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Marilyn M,

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pride in our property and love hearing from our guests so we can better the experience for everyone. I'm very sorry to hear about your concerns, that's not the experience we wanted you to have while staying with us. We hope to see you at our property again in the future and would love to provide you with the sleep quality you deserve!

Thanks again!

Chris W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Galax, Virginia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here to attend the Beef Expo at the fair grounds. The service was great and the hotel was modern, clean and comfortable. This hotel is close to a variety of restaurants and easily accessible from the interstate. It was a great stay and management was a pleasure to work with.

Room Tip: The normal suggestions for any hotel. Rooms near doors and elevators will be noisier than those that...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is nice, easy to get to and conveniently located right off I-81. The room was clean and decent, however the pull out sofa bed and the fold up rolling bed had mashed and flat mattresses that made them quite uncomfortable. Kids ended up sleeping on the floor.

The Staff was pleasant and attentive to guests, and the breakfast was fairly decent, especially in the context of the value of the cost for one nights stay.

I would go back, but will not get a suite with a fold out bed, just settle for 2 queens next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
B3Spooky,

Thank you for this feedback, we appreciate the information and will use it to make some necessary changes. We're glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Thanks!

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The room (226) was average. There was several areas where the wallpaper was coming apart. The corners of the furniture were chipped in places. My family and I were in town for a college visit at Bridgewater College. Benjamin checked us in at a rate of 91.00 a night. I was pleased. So much, that I inquired about a second "if needed", his reply, was no problem. Just lets us (the Hotel) know by 11am the next morning. The next morning, I decided that a second night would not be needed and we would head back home after the college visit, so I checked out, paid for my "ONE" night stay ($101.74) and left for a 8:30am Open house. I checked my account the next day only to see two billings of 111.74 to my account. I called and spoke to Anneka, who stated " the extra billing of 111.74 + a 10.00 hold would come off soon". It did not. The total of 223.48 was charged as of 3/4/14. Second Call; Spoke to Jennifer, she reassured me that the Manager, Chris would correct the mistake in the morning. I sure hope so.

Room Tip: do not use room 226.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Rodney J
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I was here for my bday weekend. Very close to a lot of places. About 30 minutes from massanutten. Very affordable. Quite place to stay. Relaxing. ......................................................

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank PauliePop
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Thanks so much for the review, we certainly appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to me the next time you're staying with us as I'd love to thank you in person.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express "Harrisonburg"
The check in was so quick, (less than two minutes....not kidding you) the room was spotless clean, everything is in working order, the kids enjoyed the swimming pool and we enjoyed the Jacuzzi, towels were provided in both swimming pool area and Gym., enjoyed the good breakfast that was always stocked up well at all times.....kids enjoyed the Pancake machine, staff were friendly, parking was ample, quiet rooms when sleeping, and very comfortable bedding and pillows
The hotel is so close to Hwy 81, and close to many restaurants, Cracker Barrel was a walking distance from the hotel
I would recommend this place to anyone that is visiting the Harrisonburg area
We also enjoyed the two indoor Farmers Markets in the hotel vicinity (Shenandoah Heritage Market) and (The Shops at Dayton Farmers Market), that makes the hotel location so ideal for visitors
I write many reviews for the hotels that we stay at on our trips, and I always could find one thing or another that I don't like about a place, but this hotel was so well managed, and well kept, I find nothing but good things to say about it.....thumbs up to the hotel management, and to Holiday Inn Express as a whole

Frank Mo

Room Tip: We asked for a ground floor room so kids wont bother anyone below our room....and that turned out to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at this HIE on our way to visit the Grand Cavern Caves. The employees were nice and the free breakfast was good. The hotel could use a little bit of touch ups but overall was fine. The price was very good. There is a truck stop next door which our room was next to, but it actually didn't make too much noise. The hotel is close to the University and plenty of places to eat. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the truck stop
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
SvenSlg,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback so much and will share it with the staff to further make improvements to our property. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again in the future if you are in our area.