“Nice, Clean and Accomodating Hotel”

Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Arlington, Virginia
“Nice, Clean and Accomodating Hotel”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have stayed in the Jameson Inn several times a year since it opened in Harrisonburg. We have found the staff to be friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean and well-furnished, although small. The location is in a low-density commercial area of Harrisonburg that is loaded with restaurants and other hotels. JMU is nearby. We usually book this hotel through Priceline, but sometimes through a manager's special (private code) that comes close to matching Priceline. A free breakfast buffet is served, which is typical but moderate in offerings-- waffle, biscuits and gravy, cereals, toast, assorted pastries, a fresh fruit, juices and coffee. There are few extra services with an economy hotel with this class rating. It does offer a free USA Today newspaper and a Business Center in the lobby that has only one computer. It is somewhat slow, but accomplishes the job. There is ample free parking. We enjoy dining at a nearby restaurant called Wood Grill. The buffet meals are of high quality and large selections for about $10.

Room Tip: We like the first floor, especially the rooms in the front of building
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Wlkerns,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you thought our hotel was nice, clean, and accommodating. I totally agree with you when it come to the Wood Grill. Their buffet is outstanding. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and thank you again for choosing us as your hotel during your stay in Harrisonburg.

Thanks again,

Isaiah Brown, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Hotel was a nice surprise. We make our reservations through Priceline and you never know what you are going to get til you pull into the parking lot. The desk clerk was very nice and helpful at check in, the rooms were very clean, and the continental breakfast was a plus!

• Stayed January 2012
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear HumanLeague,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg, VA. I am pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your stay with us here at the Jameson Inn. We look forward to having you as a guest again on a return trip to Harrisonburg and thank you again for staying with us.

BERLIN, MD
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Cleanliness in the room should be a priority even in low budget hotel. Perhaps they just need a new vacuum, care with dusting and cleaning in the bathroom. We stayed on Tuesday in room 325 and Sunday in room 302. Same experience in both rooms. It made my stay uncomfortable.
To be fair, we had a better experience one year ago at this location.
For upside of this hotel- Property was easy to find. Easy and convinient parking. The staff was efficent and friendly, The sheets had a fresh scent (room 325 fitted sheet had a big stain, pillows were uncomfortable). Lots of hot water in the shower and the price was affordable. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Any floor except 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LUCKYGIRLX3

Travellers are raving about these Harrisonburg hotels

Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My favorite motels were full on a football weekend, so I gritted my teeth and booked the Jameson. The location is perfect because we could walk to several good chain restaurants, and there is easy access to the road leading to the university as well as to the interstate. Considering the advertised rate was much lower than I am used to paying, I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room, while small, was equipped with a microwave, mini-frig and coffee pot. It smelled good; it was clean and well-kept. The grounds were neat. The common area was clean and pleasant. The fall decorations contributed to a homey feel. All in all, it looked like the employees really care about the Jameson Inn. I gave this motel an overall rating of Very Good, but I mean Very Good for a budget-level motel, in that it's Very Good for what it is. (I consider any hotel with free breakfast "budget level" although I don't know that that is an industry distinction.) The breakfast selection was not as varied as the offerings at other similarly priced motels, but it was nice enough. I really liked that the breakfast steward had individually wrapped each muffin, bagel, and bread slice because the breads stayed fresher and I didn't have to wonder how many people had touched it. I would definitely stay at the Jameson again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Wendymath,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg, VA. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. It is our goal to provide a great experience for all of our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a return trip to Harrisonburg and thank you again for staying with us.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Clean and comfortable. Beds are nice with clean linens and nice pillows. Hotel is well cared for and the staff is nice.

Room Tip: not all rooms have a fridge and microwave- ask if you require one
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear MotorGypsy,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you liked our hotel and that you thought the staff was nice. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and thank you again for choosing us as your hotel during your stay in Harrisonburg.

WI
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I got this hotel off Hotwire, and was glad to have got it at a great price. We checked in the nite of Hurrican Irene, so the hotel was completely full. The room was very nice, especially the comfort of the bed and free fridge. The bathroom was VERY small, almost hard to get in to use the shower.

The only complaint I think I have about this hotel was the elevator was dirty. Food wrappers all over, and was not cleaned up the whole time I stayed there. While I understand being busy, basic cleaning is very important.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear TravelWII,

Thank you for choosing us for your hotel stay and taking the time to post your feedback. I was happy to read that you were pleased with our hotel during your stay. Thank you for bringing it to my attention about the elevator. I do apologize for the cleanliness of the elevator during your stay and I hope this will not keep you from staying with us in the future. Thank you again for choosing us as your hotel to stay at during your visit to Harrisonburg.

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Got a great deal on Priceline. My first-floor room was clean and spacious and pretty quiet. The AC worked great. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows.

The folks at the front desk were pretty friendly too.

One thing: They have a terrible exercise room. It's out back by the pool, no problem, but the treadmill wasn't working, the weight machine in pieces and the two exercise bikes were ancient. If they can improve on that - and put a water cooler or fountain in there - things would be perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking king.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends