“Clean comfortable and good value.”

Motel 6 Harrisonburg
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Newport, Wales
“Clean comfortable and good value.”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here with our 91 year old aunt on her first trip to the USA. Staff were helpful, pleasant and accommodating. We stayed here on our way to Ashville. clean comfortable and friendly. Free wifi was so bad. Don't pay for it. We would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann_Nathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stopped off here after driving from Georgia with three kids and a dog. The counter lady was super nice and polite and the room was perfect for a stopover. Clean, well decorated with pergo floors. I wasn't even charged for the dog. The motel is close to so many stores and restaurants. Also got a military discount. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a back room since there is green space to walk the dog.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank georgiakadie
New York State
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This motel was a good example of you get what you pay for. The room was very basic. No clock, no hair dryer, no pictures on the walls -- nothing to make it comfortable. We saw a few dead insects on the floor -- and there were flies in the room. We stayed because we were very tired and did not have the energy to go looking for another place. By 5 in the morning we were up and out. Even for the price -- which was cheap -- it was not a good deal.

Room Tip: Keep looking
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewlyRetired49
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2013

No frills, but clean, with pleasant employees. The beds were comfortable for us. Located near anything you could possibly want to eat or shop for, and handy if visiting JMU. Would stay again if in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mrmervis
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Pulling off of I-81 for the night, I was pleasantly surprised to find a reasonable price: $39.99 Even better, I was able to get a $5.00 discount for AARP

Desk clerk was super cheerful, and welcoming. Invited me to stop at the lobby for coffee before I'd get back on the road the next day.

Room was clean, TV had good reception/selection. Bathroom spotless, and I loved the vinyl "hardwood" floor ... much cleaner than most carpeted hotel room floors.

I'd like to see them get rid of the heavy old bedspreads and go with the easy to launder duvet-type top sheet.

I'd certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms were first-floor and easily accessible from parking lot
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IrishRover999
Seymour, CT
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Location & price are why you'll stay here. Very convenient to I-81. Lots to shop & eat nearby. Rooms have been re-done. Laminate floors are nice touch. Bathroom was gross (toilet seat was NOT clean). Staff was polite.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TrudyGinsburg
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stay in a lot of Motel 6s because I travel with my dog, and I resent paying a pet fee for her, which Motel 6 does not charge. So, I feel that I am somewhat of an "expert" on them. This one I would rate as average. The rooms are small, but most Motel 6 rooms are. The room itself was clean enough, but the bedding did not smell fresh. I could smell "someones" perfume on the comforter, and it also smelled a little musty. Bed was OK. Bathroom adequate. Plenty of parking and "green" space to walk the dog. Some "long term" residents, but they were not any issue, and seemed to be in another part of the facility. Price on par with most hotels in this chain. I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, especially if you are traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple