“Clean and great for on a budget trip.”

Motel 6 Harrisonburg
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
“Clean and great for on a budget trip.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We are staying the 2nd time here because we are satisfied with how clean and comfy the motel was. Great for on a budget and needed one or two nights bed and shower. Would highly recommend if you just need a place to sleep & shower. Bring bigger towels because their towels are tiny. But still not too shabby.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ZZLovemama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Overall impression: Average budget hotel. Better for one person than two.

Pros: Very comfortable beds and pillows, Very convenient to I-81. There is a small swimming pool, which we didn't use, as the night was cool. Coffee is available in the lobby until 10 AM. Pleasant staff.

Cons: Miniscule bars of soap, even for tub. No other amenities. Three skimpy towels, one of which we had to sacrifice as a bath mat as none was provided. Two small plastic cups for drinking. Noisy fan in tub/toilet room, that couldn't be turned off. No refrigerators available for the rooms, but staff will put your meds or other items in the hotel's refrigerator. Wi-fi (at $2.99 per night--clerk said not to pay even more for the premium service) kept cutting-off early in evening, but was better later. Coffee was available only until 10 AM. However, there was enough left over to fill my travel mug when I checked out at 10:45.

Tip for Seniors: There is no published Senior Rate. However, when I called the property to ask about one, I was told that if I reserved on Motel6.com (not on one of the 3rd-party booking sites), they would give me a discount at check-in. That is what happened, but you have to ask for the discount.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I spent one night here on my way up I-81 based on nothing but reviews here and other businesses at the same exit.

I didn't expect much from Motel 6, but this was perfectly fine for a single night. I wouldn't recommend it for multiple or vacation, but it was fine for my purposes.

There are multiple buildings to the motel so you'll have to stop at the registration building to check in and most likely move your car to the building your room is in.
Rooms open to the outside so try to find a place in front of your unit.

I was in the building farthest away from registration, so it faced the back of the property and was a little dark. The walkway in front of the building is lit well, but the lot had some deep shadows that might make some uncomfortable.
It also seemed to me that there were some longer term tenants that had take up residence....people hanging outside of their units, smoking and shooting the breeze.

The room itself was fine for the night. I wish they offered no pet rooms (Motel 6...at least this one....seems to take pride in having all pet friendly rooms), but mine didn't have any obvious signs of livestock having roomed there. They do you a favor by having laminate floors in the room so there's no carpet for anything to soak into...+1 for Motel 6.

It looked like the rooms had been redone fairly recently so no problems with old stuff in the rooms. There was a fairly modern TV with a handful of basic channels.
The bed was fine and slept good.
The bathroom was clean and had everything I needed.

Overall I give it good marks. If you're passing through Harrisonburg and need a place for the night, it's an option if you're on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael S
California, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We found this room at the last minute on our way down the skyline drive. The staff was friendly, room was clean and spacious. Definitely no frills but what we needed was a bed and a shower and that's exactly what we got at a decent price. The location was close to many restaurants and shops and very easy to find, even after dark. Both check in and check out were a breeze.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Soogat
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights and it was a great stay. The staff were excellent and even printed out a map for us on our departure. It was close to restaurants and a shopping complex just across the road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda K
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this motel after reading the reviews...........
We were not disappointed.
Friendly front desk folks, rooms where clean, water was hot and the AC blew cold
Just want I expect from a budget motel.
Nothing fancy, just a clean room at a fair price.
We'd stay here again.
Lots of food choices within walking distance.

Room Tip: The rooms in the 300 # range are the last row over and are quieter ..
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cog62
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here on our way to NYC. We were looking to save money and did not feel it was necessary to shell out 100 bucks since we were arriving at 9pm and leaving again at 6am. We jsut needed a place to rest our heads for cheap. This place fit our needs exactly. I would not stay here if I were staying a couple of days - nothing really wrong with the place, but for another 30 bucks a night I would rather be somewhere else. Front desk was nice, gave us extra towels. Room was large - bathroom small. The bed was nothing special and the TV was ok. It was rather quiet that night so I can't judge the thin walls. All in all - it worked. It was clean. We were safe. We slept well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family