“Very Nice Place”

Motel 6 Harrisonburg - South
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I enjoyed myself at this hotel , It had Great staff the front desk lady was very helpfull and friendly. She told about panos which was next door, that place was very good. I would love to come back again many times. The rooms were very clean and neat . It is just a great place to be the view of the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 May 2011

We had a family vacation and ended up staying at this hotel, it was a pleasent experience. The employees were nice and curtious. The service provided by them was great. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2011

If i had any choice for staying at a Motel this would definately be the last one on my list for one the service is horrible the people running it could care less about the people who come into the motel and could care less about all the crime there and i know for a fact a man checked in then checked himself out 5 mins later and i dont mean left i mean he shot himself right down from the room i was in and yes he died this place is ridiculous and the manager didnt even care he sent his employees down to deal with it so he didnt half to not to mention the owner doesnt even have the decency to refund your money when the place is crawling with bed buggs , snakes and yes u heard me right snakes as well as mice and all kinds of vermin in the rooms like i said stay faraway fro this place for the money u pay u might as well be sleeping in it for the motel is not safe to even sleep in little on take a shower in and the crime rate thee is just not worth it unless u have alot of life insurance handy ... i can say what i say cause i know some of the old employees who used to work there as well as the manager who thank god was finally fired because of how he treated people there...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ravynwlf
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Nevermind the fact that the place is a dump, the service was awful - IT WASN'T EVEN SERVICE. These people act like you are disturbing their lifetime of unhappiness working at the Belle Meade by patronizing their motel. I almost ended up in a fist fight with two different employees. Moldy, crappy rooms, meth-head neighbors (who live there by paying weekly) - yeah, you out-of-towners don't know about that. In fact, don't bring your kids to stay here because there is probably so much meth contamination in each and EVERY room that you will be exposed chemically. I know this for a fact! The only way I would return to this motel would be on the day it is scheduled to burn to the ground. I would celebrate, even more so if the employees burned in the fire as well!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank Sloanie80
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed over one night. The room number we had was 50. The room smelled. There was dog hair on the floor. The sheets did looked clean but that was the only thing. We tossed and turned all night. When we finally got up to leave I just happened to look at the bed and found a bed bug alive and kicking. So grossed out. We left and vowed never to return. I can get over the other things but bugs that suck your blood and god knows who elses..is just too much for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank greenrascal
Reviewed 3 July 2010

If you have any sort of personal hygiene (i.e. ever showered in your life...even just once) then this is NOT the place for you!!....We stopped here while visiting JMU with our two dogs. It was absolutely disgusting!! The floors are filthy, the dogs wouldn't even lay down on them...The linens were stained, the room smelled like a mixture of sweat, mold, and smoke and the bathroom....Oh the bathroom...Mold everywhere, water dripping, dirty...it was something you would see out of a horror movie....I'm not sure where these people who write good reviews stayed...I wonder if they have one room that they actually maintain and it's the luck of the draw if you get...But I would recommend NEVER EVER EVER staying here!!! We didn't even stay the night!!!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smickie20
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I have never been treated so badly...I booked this hotel 3 days before my trip driving straight through the night from Michigan to Virginia 9 hours..The price for the night was $65 plus tax, cheaper then others around but never thought it would be worse then the BATES motel... I was told on the phone that if I arrived early expecting to be in town about 7 am, that I could pay an additional $15 dollars to check in early....to take a nap before we visited family.
I arrived at 7:30 am expecting to check in early for the additional $15 and after 15 minutes of waiting for someone to check me in, this woman appeared and said that I could not check in early and basically accused me of lying. I gave her the paper that I had typed my confirmation number on and she told me that I did not have a reservation.
I asked to see the manager and she could not understand what I was saying then left and never came back out. Then a man came out yelling at me and asking me what I wanted...I just wanted to check in! At that point I asked for my credit card information back to make sure that I would not be charged for this stay, he had the nerve to ask me why... I told him that I would go find another place to stay that his unprofessionalism and the way that I was treated is not acceptable, he yelled at me and told me that he did not want me to stay there. So I went across the street and stayed at the Country Inn and suites and had a wonderful 4 day stay...I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone and I am considering calling the owners, corporate and the Better Business Bureau!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family