All reviews renovated room quick stop within walking distance unrenovated plush lodging highway
Reviewed 2 May 2013

By far the absolute worst hotel EVER!!!! Disgustingly dirty, broken blinds, running water and broken lights. Fully expected to find a rotting corpse based on the smell. I can't stress enough how incredibly disgusting this place was!

Room Tip: Run far away!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Was told by phone I had a reservation but when I got there she said, "Oh I just gave the last room away but we have weekly rooms." ???? I was a little upset but said "OK." She then said she "found" one for me. 2 towels (very small) & the heat never got the room warm. I was disappointed but also realistic in knowing where I was. This is a motel and not a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

All in all,, Ok for the money. If you need a place to crash for a night or so.Had I read the reviews prior to booking it, I would have cancelled my reservation. Only issue I had was the bathroom door wouldnt shut. On the plus size, it was clean. Could have been brighter with better lightening. Wall behind bed was painted dark green, bathroom needed remoldeing, but was clean. What more can you expect for 60.00 per night. Come on in?

Room Tip: near JMU, get a non smoking room..
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The worst place I have ever stayed in. Booked room for 3 days to visit family. Door was " swollen" couldn't get in room without ramming into it. Room smelled horrible, Water was accumulated on window and bathroom mirror, most electrical outlets were covered up, TV remote had to be replaced, roaches, toilet was running constantly and overflowed at one point, could not get out of room and maintenance had to remove entire dead bolt lock from door to let us out. Continental breakfast was cheerios, bagels and coffee only. The employee at check-in was rude. It was a nightmare!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would avoid this nightmare and stay in a nicer hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We came here because we had a coupon which gave us a discount. It's is now called Come On Inn and is under new ownership. The owners actually seemed very new; there was one friendly girl who was doing everything, with several family members looking on to see how it worked!

It seems to have got a lot of bad reviews from others, but our experience was generally positive. It wasn't expensive, so our expectations weren't high, but the room was of a decent size, and a fridge and microwave were facilities that a lot of places in this price range don't have. Breakfast was provided in the morning, even if it wasn't overly extensive.

On the negative side, the internet signal was poor and the bathroom was old, with water that wasn't very hot. The location is average, being a few miles to the south of town. We appeared to be among the few guests at the time, and didn't notice any of the problems with long stayers that others did in the past.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family