All reviewsrenovated roomquick stopwithin walking distanceunrenovatedplushlodginghighway
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We stayed at this motel for JMU Orientation. It was just a one night stay, so I was not expecting much. Room was very clean. Convenient to JMU. Several places to eat in the area. Mini fridge and microwave in room. Coffee available at front desk. Also, beds were very comfortable too. Only problem, no other mirror in the room for other guests to get ready. But we made due.

Room Tip: Was stated free wifi, maybe ask for code at front desk
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tuthpiker
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We stay at Motel 6 frequently, first time a room was infested with roaches of all sizes. Told management, nothing was done. They didn't want to move us into another room, which when we were leaving the guests next door were complaining of the roach problem too.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Harrisonburg - South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Key West Bullocks, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We were trying to save a little money on traveling expenses. Stopped at the welcome center on the highway. We stayed just the one night.Used a coupon for $47.99.The reviews were mixed, but too bad, so we took a chance. The room was fairly clean. The man at the desk was friendly. They put us way in the back and it felt a little creepy back there, not sure of it being safe or not. There was a restaurant next door but it was a bit pricey. Just ordered the soup and my husband got the salad. Most of the stay, was ok. The only weird thing was it was a one floor motel style and all night long it sounded like people loudly running back and forth above us, as if there were a second floor. Unless people were living in the rafters, under the pitch of the roof, it was very puzzling and unsettling. We didn't ask about it in the morning. Just got up and checked out as soon as we could.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We do a lot of road trips (10,000 miles in one) so we try to keep lodgings under $80 a night. Clean and comfy is our goal. This Motel 6 worked for us. We asked for a renovated room, as it is clear from the reviews that the unrenovated areas are past their prime. Room had nice clean wood look tile on floor. Cheerful fresh paint on walls. Nice wall mounted tv, small table with two clean wood chairs, spot to hang clothes with a few hangers, fridge, microwave and small shelves for other essentials. Beds were clean, comfortable with 3 good pillows. The clean bathroom was more updated than my own at home. Towels were a little too basic for our liking, but clean and plenty. We would also recommend upgrading TP quality. Yes basic furnishings, but that is the Motel 6 style. If you are looking for plush, go elsewhere. We would definitely use this property again. Reco that you have housekeeping add wiping fingerprints off room doors to their list. Keep the updates going Motel 6 and leave the lights on for us!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VAWheelsSD

Dear Kim, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll preface this review by saying I understand this is a budget hotel not the Marriott or anything like that. However, no matter what the price of a hotel or motel is..it should be CLEAN! Ok so first when my husband and I went to get in our room, the key didn't work..that was unfortunate after a long day of driving and we just wanted to put our stuff down and go to sleep. The manager came down and tried as well and said he'd have to change the battery on the door lock in the morning. That was a minor inconvenience I could have lived with if that was all that was wrong. Upon entering the room, I immediately noticed how sparse the accommodations were...cheap little table and chairs from your elementary school days, no closet just a single shelf on the wall. Again, I understand it's a budget hotel but sheesh. First thing I always do when I enter my hotel room is check the sheets. Top sheet was clean, blanket had cigarette burns on it. The fitted sheet was filthy..a mix of hair, dirt, and Lord knows what else. When was the last time the sheets were changed?!? I slept on top of the blanket and believe me, it was not a good night's sleep. Bed was hard and super uncomfortable. Bathroom smelled like sewage. Towels were so scratchy and thin I could almost see through them. I showered with my shoes on that's how gross it was. I also had the delightful chance of killing a small cockroach outside of the bathroom. That was enough for me. I told my husband there was no way I was staying there another night (we were supposed to stay for two). I would've rather slept in the car. Also, the booger on the wall by the TV was a nice touch. There was also a large hole by the TV outlet letting God knows what in. The outlet in the bathroom didn't work so fixing my hair was quite inconvenient. I would give this place 0 stars if it were an option. All I can do is try to warn others to stay far away from this place. We picked this one because we needed a pet friendly hotel and all other hotels were booked for grad weekend. Otherwise this place wouldn't have even been a consideration. Don't stay here..don't do it..sleep in your car..stay far away.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Betty, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the cleanliness and odor concerns you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.