Located in countryside. Lovely grounds, etc. We loved the large room which was much larger than most hotel rooms. The breakfast buffet was not included in the room price. We didn't eat breakfast there but a local who recommended the Inn said it was good.
The downside was the smell outside. There was a pool and children's play area but we couldn't go outside our room it smelled so bad outside. Maybe local chicken houses- not sure. Hopefully, it is OK when the wind is blowing in a different direction. Our room didn't smell. Despite the smell, we'd stay there again. If we were staying for several days. However, I'd have to see how it was smelling. Some rooms appeared to have decks but we didn't have one so I can't comment. Our bathroom had a whirlpool bath but we didn't try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, near several higher learning institutions including James Madison University, Eastern Mennonite University, Bridgewater College, and Blue Ridge Community College. The 3-Diamond AAA rated Inn is located near the New Market Civil War battlefield, Shenandoah Caverns, Grand Caverns, Sysco Food Service, Whitewave Foods, Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Merck, Molson – Coors Brewery and the Shenandoah Valley Airport. Enjoy dining at our full service onsite restaurant, our outdoor pool/hot tub, and our children's playground. Each room has high speed internet access, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Harrisonburg
- Village Hotel Harrisonburg