“AWFUL!!!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I imagine only people who have never had Thai food before would say this place is alright. I have had a lot of Thai food throughout my life, especially since it is my absolutely favorite cuisine. Moving to Harrisonburg, I was really excited there was an actual Thai restaurant in town, then after eating here, I was incredibly disappointed. The food is not authentic at all. The curries are runny as if they are not made with coconut milk but rather just water. The Panang curry does not taste at all like it should. It's awful and was way spicier than advertised. The atmosphere is fancy, but not worth the price of the crappy food. If you want REAL Thai cuisine in Harrisonburg, go to the Thai Café, it's delicious, a lot cheaper, and less crowded.

3  Thank lilmisscheerful

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Every time I am in Harrisonburg, VA a visit to Taste of Thai is always on my "TO DO" list. Even though I live in FL the staff remembers me which is a most pleasant surprise. Food portions are plentiful and prices are reasonable. I have never had a bad meal here. Staff is most accommodating to special requests. Very family friendly. Theyalso have a private room that we have used on two occaisions for groups of 15-20 people with there being no additional charge for it's use.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was told, and confirmed by Trip Advisor ratings, that this was the best of the three Thai places in town. I rate it pretty good but not great. My Pad Woon Sen arrived promptly, steaming and a hefty quantity. Flavor was good, although a bit salty and I found the broccoli and cauliflower undercooked, a common flaw. The dining atmosphere is not very Thai, reminiscent more of a Sagebrush or other country steakhouse, with noisy wood floors oddly minimal actual Thai decorations. But, hey, unless on a date, I go for the food!

1  Thank R C
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Usually enjoy our fave Thai restaurant...this last visit did disappoint...pork fried rice, usually a mainstay, was bland, mushy, and a visually unattractive dish...to their credit, the kitchen did take it back and produced another fried rice dish...this time, beef...not what we ordered and not much better. On the plus side, the chicken lemongrass coconut milk soup was yummy but we will rethink a subsequent visit.

2  Thank 697foodie
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I'm not a big fan of this restaurant, the service is slow, and the food tends to be salty or overly sweet, it is more like Chinese than Thai. The atmosphere is nice and the people are friendly but I would rather eat at The Thai Flavor or the The Thai Cafe both are considerable better in flavor and service.

1  Thank travelingtarheel81