“More Like Chinese Than Thai” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 251 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“More Like Chinese Than Thai”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Nice looking place and service is friendly. Food tasted like a cross between cheap Chinese and Thai so in the end I cannot recommend.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service, inconsistent food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This used to be a great place. Has really gone downhill. On two recent visits the service was really poor. Seated and then ignored both times. VERY slow food service one time, and indifferent servers on both occasions. Can't count on the food. One dish perfect, another with almost uncooked meat. When we asked for the manager on duty we got shunted around between several people before they finally acknowledged there was NO manager on duty. Maybe that's the problem, no one minding the store. We're going elsewhere from now on.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank G F
Severna Park, Maryland
“OK+ considering location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Harrisonburg would not be expected to have a large number of Thai restaurants, so we figure we would give it a try. We were not disappointed, because our expectations were moderate. Service was good and food was average to good.
Our waitstaff person inquired how hot I wanted my food when I said I like it spicy. He said they serve on a scale of 1 to 5, so I chose a 2. I would not go above a 2!! About half way through my meal the "heat" started to accumulate and I was drinking water!
He said some people order a 5!!! Unless you are really into extreme spicy do not go above a 2. Next time a 1 will be my choice.

• Visited June 2014
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Decent ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was really excited to try this place, because it was highly recommended by friends. However it was not that memorable. The food was middle if the road. The service was good. I wasn't that impressed.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“This was my first Thai Food Experience. Not too excited.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This restaurant was recommended by others who live in the area. We weren't familiar with Thai food and asked for suggestions from our server. The food was a little disappointing. But having nothing to compare it to maybe I am wrong. I just didn't care for the flavor and seasoning. Just our opinion. I read that others have reviewed it and loved it. Guess it's just a matter of taste. The dining room was a large open room and the noise was terrible. Nothing relaxing about this dining room or experience.

• Visited February 2014