“"Exellent learning experience"”

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Exellent learning experience"”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would first like to thank Don and Jean our tour guides, they made us feel quite comfortable. We started our tour off with a very informative video and then Don took us on a tour of the buildings, I had recently broke my ankle and was wearing a boot so he was so kind to allow us to drive to the different buildings. Don is very interesting and made us feel at home. I cant wait to come back and see the spring house completed ! A must see for those visiting the area.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Theresa B

Harrisonburg, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“An education”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Though I've visited about 3-4 times, each visit adds to my knowledge and strengthens my appreciation of the heritage of the Brethren-Mennonite community that is so well founded in the Shenandoah Valley. It's easy to reach and takes just a few minutes to bring you to appreciate this heritage.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Bob P
East Amherst, New York
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Learn interesting facts”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

If you have any interest in the development of religious freedom in the Shenandoah Valley, this center is worth your time. Friendly docents answer any questions. Tours of old structures reveal a simple life . Will give new appreciation of cooperation of religious groups

Visited May 2013
2 Thank tom2831
CrossRoadsHC, Executive Director at Valley Brethren-Mennonite Heritage Center, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thanks for stopping by today. We are glad you enjoyed your visit!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Learn about the roots of the valley”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This museum complex focuses on Brethren, Dunkard, Mennonite settlers in Rockingham County, Virginia. They have several special events throughout the year. That is the time to visit.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank dmc2013
Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great visit”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Don & Jane were the volunteer guides for the heritage center on the day we visited. They were most friendly and took the time to give us the tour and show us a video. Interesting history of Mennonites and Brethren in the Shenandoah Valley. My family was rather touched by their hospitality! I hope to revisit the area someday.

Visited June 2012