“Quite pleased”

Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have friends who recommended Sleep Inns but we are die hard Country Inns & Suites customers. While returning from Hilton Head, this city was our overnight stop. Country Inns was advertised at $224 on March 5, this hotel was $76. with AAA discounts - guess which one we chose. The motel is convenient to the exit, close to many restaurants. Check in was a breeze and after a long day driving in rain and traffic we got to the room. It is a bit smaller than most with two full size beds. The hotel & room are contemporary in style. The kitchen is open with coffee available all evening. Beds are comfy, pillows, great wide screen tv with timer, lots of plugs, HOT water, & a decent breakfast. I have no complaints--maybe one the room and hall were too warm for our liking, our window opened so that problem was solved. Will definitely return to Sleep Inns.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deedubu67

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stopped at this hotel on my way to Florida for a vacation.
This is a very clean and comfortable hotel with good sized rooms.
There are plenty of restaurants in the area with lots of dining options.
The only problem I had was when I got up there was no hot water, when I mentioned this to the lady at the desk she said they were aware of the problem and were working on it.
This is a very family friendly hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I booked this on hotwire, which is always a gamble but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Harrisonburg is my home town, born and raised there. We came back to have a memorial service for my mother. The Sleep Inn was close to our location, it was clean for the most part (someone was smoking in the other rooms, which is unfortunate), and breakfast was good.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stop off at this hotel on our trips between New York and North Carolina for one night to avoid driving 18 hours straight.
We have been doing so since 2003 when we were just a married couple, straight through to 2006 when our first child was born. Now that we have 3 children it is wonderful to find that not only is this hotel still a fantastic value, but they offer a very comfortable roll-away bed so that all 5 of us can stay in one room. Our children are 7, 5, and 5 and we all fit comfortably in the room.
The room is up-to-date, clean, very pleasantly decorated, and the beds are comfy with crisp sheets, plenty of fluffy pillows, and cozy blankets.
Finding this hotel so long ago has caused us to seek out Sleep Inn's in every location we travel, they deserve an award for their wonderful representation of just how nice a hotel can be without emptying your wallet. We have recommended this particular hotel to every person we know who travels that route.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet K
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stopped here on our way to Florida and were very pleased. Clean and recently renovated. Conveniently located and restaurants within walking distance. Staff was very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were welcomed cheerfully, considering the time of night we arrived - 11:30 P.M., we were bushed! Registration was quick and we were on our way to our rooms and sleep! I always bring my own pillow - but, this hotel provides plenty of pillows on the king size bed - the only thing, they are square and not a standard size pillow, different. I failed to ask if the hotel offeres different "softnesses" of mattresses, ours was firm. We would have preferred a softer mattress though. The room was clean and stocked with the usual amenities. The mini fridge was very cold if one needed to utilize it. Check out was a breeze as well - packed up, turned in the keys and "good bye!" For a quick no frills breakfast - they provided this. No complaints from us! We will be back for next years Thanksgiving visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I travel often between FL and the northeast. I prefer I-81 because the hotels are cleaner, in better condition, and the people are much nicer. This location is great and I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: My personal preference is the top floor, they were happy to honor my request.