“Lack of Merchandise”
Review of Mint - CLOSED

Mint
More attraction details
Owner description: Mint is a clothing and gift boutique. Offering fresh, trendy clothing, quirky gifts and casual jewelry in a delightful atmosphere in Downtown Harrisonburg.
Richmond, Virginia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lack of Merchandise”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Enjoyed my visit but was disappointed in the lack of merchandise and the high prices for the quality.

Visited May 2013

Harrisonburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Carefully curated boutique”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is honestly my favorite place to buy clothes in Harrisonburg. I really like that the price range is so varied, you can find lots of jewelry/accessories/gift items for under $15 but also have lots of higher quality clothing to choose from that's a little more expensive. In my last trip to Mint I picked up a soft, pretty sweater, a cozy scarf, and a greeting card for a friend (don't miss the cards they're adorable and unique) without putting a dent in my budget. Also love the jewelry-- even if I don't find clothing I want, I usually walk out with at least a cute pair of earrings or a ring. The service is polite and friendly, they usually let you browse in peace but are always quick to offer up a dressing room once you've picked up a few items to try on. If you ever need them to hold something for you, look into other sizes, or ship even something, they are more than happy to oblige. Love it!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Penny210
New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Not worth going out of your way to stop in”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We made a special stop off I-81 to check out Mint and a few other attractions we saw on TripAdvisor. Sadly, this shop was not worth the time. Very small with extremely limited stock. A young woman was reading at the cash register and smiled and said hello when we walked in. That was it.

Nothing especially interesting in the shop. There is a "vintage, gently used" rack and I believe I've recently donated nicer items to Goodwill. After about two minutes of browsing, we left and continued on our way. Maybe we just hit it on a bad day. I much prefer White House-Black Market, both for style and service.

Arboretum at JMU was worth the detour but I don't recommend going out of your way to check out this shop. Maybe it's best for locals.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank TravelerfromNJ2
AMP3203, Owner at Mint, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
So sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stop into Mint. We are a small family run boutique. We don't stock tons and tons of items like big box stores, rather focus on items not found in mall type shops and we try not to pester our customers while they browse.
3 attraction reviews
“Great boutique”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This place is great if you're looking for a unique gift or clothing for yourself. The styles are trendy, but the pricing can be either hit or miss. You either find a good deal or you don't.

Visited April 2013
Utah
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Style and service!”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Awesome boutique with unique clothes. Owner has great sense of what is in style now and what will be and can help you mix and match or pair pieces. Very affordable, unique clothes and gifts.

2 Thank Utahns_