“Unfortunately average”

CubanBurger
Ranked #17 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 13 February 2014

It bums me out to write this review, because I've been excited to go to CubanBurger for a long time. I ordered a brisket sandwich with fried plantains and my girlfriend ordered a black bean burger with cheese grits. The only thing out of the four that I would call "great" was the brisket. The sides were both not great, especially the grits. The bean burger was the worst part - no flavor at all. Sure, going to a burger place and judging it by its black bean burger isn't the best idea, but it is definitely possible to make great bean burgers. I don't think you should offer things on your menu if you can't make them great. I might come back and try the signature burger, but I really don't know. Atmosphere is cool and the owner is nice, but it was also surprisingly expensive. Disappointed.

There are newer reviews for CubanBurger

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice and both times my food was great. First time was the Cubano sandwich which was a very large portion, with a side of fries, which was a very large portion as well. Second time I got the el jefe burger which was also excellent. My only complaints were my initial interpretation was that the burger came with fries. Instead it comes with very thin fries on it. No problem, I just ended up having to pay for a side of fries to get actual fries. Secondly my burger was a little overcooked, but nothing to get excited about. Definitely will be returning. It's nice to have unique food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our family had a great lunch at Cuban Burger. We sampled the Cubano sandwich, an El Jefe burger, Pan con Lechon sandwich, Papas Fritas (fries), Maduros (fried plantains) and Arroz y Frijoles (black beans over white rice). The red mojo sauce is awesome! All of the food was delicious and our waiter was very friendly.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

The combo of pork and beef for the burger is magical. I always get the el original, the addition of matchstick fries to the burger give it a good crunch. My wife always gets the buenos Dias burger, which she always enjoys. Great food worth a try and try again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very stilishly designed burger. Good food and tasty sides. Service was very friendly and efficient - maybe too, because we arrived there at around 10pm.