“Rooftop view”
Review of Rick's Cantina - CLOSED

Rick's Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Okay food on a limited menu. Where are the fajitas and enchiladas? My 2$ sangria was nice but seemed like a virgin one. The best part was eating on the roof at sunset and Alex Eaddy was a very good server.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good speciality Mexican food. Less fat and better ingredients than most Mexican food. I love Mexican, but don't like the animal fat and low grade meat. At Rick's you can eat Mexican and not feel so bad about the content and calories.

1  Thank Sailorman9868
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I liked my meal...they charge for chips and salsa? Our server was not the best, but the food was tasty. They did nickle and dime us for everything. Small sides of salad were a quarter...to change the standard sauce in my burritto was a quarter too? I enjoyed the meal, but I wouldn't go back because of stuff like that..doesn't see really customer service friendly.

1  Thank DeLano M
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a neat place in downtown that has seating on the second floor and on the rooftop. The weather was cool so we ate on the second floor, which isn't a very big area, but the atmosphere was very nice. We started out with chips and salsa ($3) which were just OK, but you get free refills. We all got the Specialty Burritos which were very big and made with ingredients from local farms. I ate the Steak and Cheese specialty burrito and it was awesome. Everyone enjoyed their burritos. I washed mine down with a Big PBR in a 16oz can.

1  Thank Otto J
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a cute little place downtown. You go upstairs to eat. Some JMU students were inside having a few beers. Friendly environment. We were surprised by the great quality of our food. The burritos were huge and satisfying. The home-made chips and salsa were great, too. We had a few beers and spent some time relaxing. Great little place.

1  Thank NanciAnne