“Back in time!”

Bar-B-Que-Ranch
Ranked #57 of 269 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 September 2013

A real 50's style roadside drive in with some covered parking on hillside with inside eating space too.
I wanted beef barbeque and baked beans. SORRY, NO BEEF OR BEANS!
I had pulled pork on plate with cole slaw. Barbeque was ok, but somewhat dry and sauce helped it, slaw was nice and cool, but also a little sweet. Rib eye steaks were special and that is what I should have had. This location has car shows that are nice to see. A real old style barbeque stand, come on by, very friendly.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Found this while cruising down I-81 and trip advisor did not steer us wrong. Good BBQ in a cozy place. Option to eat outside too

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is the real thing! Real Genuine circa 1950's Drive-in, Genuine Country Hospitality,
and great food. As a frequent customer, I've tried almost everything on the menu. It is all really good.

Kids love eating in the dining room because of all the Pigs on display. Counting all the pig figurines will keep them occupied until the food arrives. BUT most can't count that high !

If you are a visitor to the Harrisonburg area, you will especially enjoy eating the country style BBQ in a genuine 1950's Drive-In. If you are a local, you already know this place is a
Five Star for Food & Atmosphere!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stopped in after hearing a recommendation from a local. I must say the outside did make us a little skeptic, but if you desire great service and a good food stop in and enjoy this unique experience.

The menu was diverse. We had bar b q sandwhiches, fried pickles and fried zucchini. Of course we had to try the REAL milkshake and our favorite the funnel cake. All food was great, we did request extra barbeque sauce which was given to us in a peel away cup which wasn't expected at a bar b que joint.

We have to agree the bathroom was a bit of an experience being outside and needing assistance to find it.

Overall a great experience and a must see for those looking to support local mom and pop shops.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

This is my favorite hidden gem on 81. I love the food, the service, and the atmosphere. They serve great hot dogs, fried chicken, and of course BBQ. Also their milkshakes are REAL. You have to stop for lunch. Unfortunately they no longer serve you at your car, but the trip inside is well worth it to see all the pigs.