“Old time hot dogs”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“Old time hot dogs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Old time hot dogs, fast service & friendly people are all at Jess' Lunch # 2 on Market St in Harrisonburg. Stumbled upon this diner and glad I did. Prices are great!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Judy S

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Greatest Restaurant in The World (to me)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have eaten at many of the best restaurants in America (Alinea, The Inn at Little Washington, Komi) and at Michelin three-starred restaurants in Europe. And I still haven't had a meal I enjoy more than a chili dog, french fries, and a Dr. Pepper at Jess' Quick Lunch! It's a dive, for sure. But damned if those chili dogs aren't delicious! I have spent time in Chicago and sampled many of the Windy City's best encased meat offerings. I live in DC and I frequent Ben's Chili Bowl--which is great. But at the end of the day, you just can't beat a Jess' chili dog. My heart will break if Jess' Quick Lunch ever closes. (And my heart would probably explode if I lived in Harrisonburg and could eat there more frequently!)

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Alex_B_in_DC
Mount Sidney
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

No need for a menu here. Great hot dogs and thick milkshakes served by local girls and JMU students. A Harrisonburg must.

1 Thank BillDMtSidney
Ga
“Bring your ID regardless of your age. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I was refused service by a child young enough to be my grandchild that insisted on carding me. Save yourself a some humiliation by going 50 yards south to Jack Brown's.

Galion, Ohio
“A local tradition!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Every time I return to Hburg, I eat at Jess' lunch. Yes, it specializes in plain old chili hotdogs and french fries, but I've been eating at Jess' for 60 years! Truthfully, I've eaten at a lot of hotdog places, but none come close to Jess'. There is one near the mall, but if you get a chance go down to Court Square (downtown Hburg) and eat there. Little has changed in those 60 years, and they have some great burgers as well. Very few restaurants survive as long as Jess'!

• Visited November 2013