“Friendly, delicious and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Log Cabin Barbecue - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Virginia
“Friendly, delicious and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We'd been to the original one and were happy to see them open a branch closer to us in Harrisonburg. There are choices of Regular Pork Barbecue, North Carolina Pork barbecue and then Beef Barbecue along with a bunch of sides that are great too. There is a drive-thru as well as tables when you have more time to sit and enjoy the friendly staff.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank bdemmerson

Staunton, VA
“Dry meat and canned/boxed sides. Disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I wanted to like this place. The building looks new, it's clean inside and decorated cute for a fast-food type restaurant. The sister restaurant in Elkton does not appear to be "fast food" although I haven't eaten there. I walked in and sat down and was waited on by a friendly but shy server. She did ok though it didn't seem like the type of place where a server was necessary.

Unfortunately, a nice restaurant and decent staff cannot cover up bad food. The green beans were canned, which is ok, but they tasted canned. You have to boil canned vegetables in spices and aromatics until the canned flavor disappears but they didn't do that. The mac and cheese seemed like Kraft or Velveeta. It was ok, but it wasn't homemade or quality.

I also expect hush puppies to come with the meal, not as a side dish. I didn't try them, but I paid over $10 and still didn't get a hush puppy. Sad. The iced tea was ok though.

And then there was the North Carolina style pulled pork. Nothing can fix dry meat. It had plenty of sauce but it was as dry as a bone and overcooked. There was no fat on the meat at all either. It's like they used the wrong cut of meat. I added a lot more sauce and ate my meal, but manufactured side dishes and dry meat means I will not be back.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Curtis24401
Harrisonburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This place is awesome! The portions are a good size and the food is delicious. I have tried almost everything on the menu and I have never had something I didn't like. They did a great job of making a new building feel homey and warm like a log cabin. The staff are great and very attentive. I will DEFINITELY be frequenting this place!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JLB1287
Virginia
“Best BBQ in Harrisonburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I love this place. I have eaten in several times as well used their catering. The staff is great. Very attentive. The food is fantastic. It's also a great deal. Portions are large. I recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank tgardner917
Stafford, VA
“A nice change from Burger Joints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

The BBQ at Log Cabin is good but not great. I had the NC BBQ; my dining partner had the Regular BBQ. Both were good, it's just a matter of preference. Both were sauced well but there was extra sauce on the table for those who wanted more. The fries and hush puppies are excellent, served piping hot. The green beans were good. The slaw was okay. The servers were attentive and enthusiastic. We'd visit again.

• Visited May 2013