“Wonderful Yellow Curry with pineapple....”
Review of Thai Cafe

Thai Cafe
Ranked #92 of 259 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful Yellow Curry with pineapple....”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very pleased with service and the food. They were able to customize my curry to include extra pineapple and less potatoes. Loved the flavor.

They do not offer a lunch menu, so either share a meal, or be prepared to take your lunch home because serving size is quite ample.

• Visited August 2013

Virginia USA
“Thai riches”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

How lucky we are, we have 3 very good Thai restaurants in Harrisonburg. I confess, I eat at the other two more often, but have had very good meals at this one. Thai Flavor (as another reviewer noted, they are relatives of the ones running this one) is similarly small, and reliably tasty and reasonable. (I disagree with another - the spring rolls there are the best in town.) The 3d - Taste of Thai - is our favorite. It's a little more upscale (in decor and service), and every dish we've had there is fine. (And the crowds there speak, more than here, to its popularity with locals.) The roasted quail appetizer here (where else around here get that?) is one reason I go here. The curries are fine - at all 3 restaurants - as are the soups.

• Visited July 2013
Shenandoah, Virginia
“Great Place for Lunch or Quick Dinner”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Definitely a mom and pop establishment. Good food, quick service, low prices. Recommend. Try the ginger chicken and fried tofu for an appetizer. Tea served in beautiful pot.

Visited March 2013
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“The best Thai food in Harrisonburg”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is my favorite Thai restaurant in Harrisoburg. It has the BEST massaman and pad radna in town. My favorites. Taste of Thai and Thai Flavor are also good and have specific entrees they do well (crispy beef and chicken cashew at taste of thai) BUT, The THAI CAFE Is the BEST in TOWN. Always enough to take home as well. go!

• Visited January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“tale of two dishes!”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I got the beef salad Thai hot. It was the bomb... I eat a lot of Thai and Indian cuisine and this was one of the best dishes I've eaten... and the hottest. The beef was perfect... not over cooked as is often the case.

The entree's came out and were totally flat. Almost seemed pre-made sauces and food... Thai is usually fresh and on the spot. I was so disappointed by the entree... If I'm in town I will stop in again but only have the beef salad app as I heard every person say similar about there entree (7 people). This might be the place to order a table of entrees and do it country style!!

Visited December 2012