“Great service & authentic Italian fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Italia Restaurant And Bar - CLOSED

L'Italia Restaurant And Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We hope your experience will be memorable. Please sit back, relax and allow us to serve you a sampling of innovative, authentic Italian cuisine.
Potomac, Maryland
“Great service & authentic Italian fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We enjoyed a hearty meal at L'Italia during our stopover in Harrisonburg. Our waitress, Logan, was very pleasant and helpful in making suggestions and promptly serving our meal. After a very long day in the car, the atmosphere and good food were appreciated. I would recommend anything on the menu with their home-made red sauce/marina which was excellent, full-flavored and delicious on both pasta and chicken parmigiana. My rigatoni Davide was perfectly cooked with delicious grilled sausage and enough red chili and garlic to give it a nice, spicy kick.

The salad and fresh bread-sticks served with rich olive oil, herbs, and balsamic were perfect start to a satisfying meal. Portions were huge, so no room for dessert. We took our leftovers back to enjoy later.

If you find yourself in Harrisonburg, VA we would certainly recommend a stop at this family-owned, locally-sourced restaurant over any of the large number of chain restaurants nearby.

• Visited November 2013

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Wonderful service of delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Have had meals in scores of italian restaurants, as has my 78 year old father, and we both agreed that this was one of the most scrumptious places we've ever been. Just the right amounts of portion, spices, sauces, meat; the chef was a genius, the waiter was a delight. Can't wait to go again.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Not good Italian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not a big fan I prefer Bravo or Emilo's in Staunton. The food quality is spotty and so is the service. It has ok atmosphere and it is not cheap. just not really worth it

Sonora, California
“Excellent food for the price and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Took my 90 odd yr old mother - this is one of her favorite places. The atmosphere is good, service was excellent, menu was new from the last time. I had a grilled panini with house made potato chips - both very good. My mother had a HUGE bowl of soup that we shared - excellent roasted tomato soup. She had a salad that I would call OK - lettuce was in too large of pieces for her, but she was happy. The only worry is that we were two of four people there for lunch on a Monday - it deserves better.

Napa valley
“Friendly staff and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our server was very attentive and friendly - one of the best servers I have ever encountered (sadly I do not remember his name). The chef also came to our table to make sure that everything tasted good. One of my favorite item there was the homemade bread - delicious. The desserts (chocolate cakes) were perfect ending to our meals. The ambience with the murals of Italy was special.

I only gave it a 4 star instead of 5 because of my salad (they forgot to put dressing on my salad nor provide one on a side) and they did not have the traditional tiramisu (which is a must have for me when I dine at an Italian restaurant).

• Visited September 2013