“You're Falling Down on the Job, Outback! Wake up!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #83 of 265 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Outback has always been the best of the best. Fantastic service and food.

We went out to eat last night, a table of six, and go there at 5, which is early but we had meetings later on. There were a dozen or so tables with people in them, so it wasn't a ridiculously early time.

It took ten minutes for the waitress to acknowledge our existence. We had to ask for her. There was no apology for taking so long and she had a nose piercing. Ew! Sorry, I'm old school, and I still can't look at someone in the face that has a facial piercing.

She was average friendly, got the orders right, but it is weird. We ordered Blooming Onions. They came AFTER we had had the salads for five minutes. So we were trying to eat both at the same time, and then the food was shoved at us before we had finished the onions and salads. I like to eat a course, enjoy it, THEN get the next one (appetizer first) but apparently this isn't their protocol.

One of our party dropped a fork on the floor. Waitress picked it up and put it back on the table. Then took the plates away. When the waitress brought the desserts, it apparently never occurred to her to replace the fork. Of course, she didn't really check on us much. Our friend was cool about it and tried to eat the carrot cake with her hands as neatly as possible.

Service is just not great. Food really was great. But for an Outback, well, this was a bitter disappointment.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Had the filet, shrimp and potato. All excellent taste and done to order. I would definately eat here again. A bit on the pricey side, but ok for once and awhile treat.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We are driving through the USA on seven week holiday and we stayed for two nights in Harrisonburg.. This Outback was just across the road and really the whole experience was very average. I have eaten in other Outbacks that have been very good but not this one. The food ,service in fact the whole experience will be forgettable --shame --

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were in town for a weekend getaway and stayed at a hotel near Outback. All though there was a Quaker State "wing" place a little closer, we decided to try Outback; have not been there in a while. It was Saturday night, but it was not crowed. We were seated and our waiter was very prompt and he service was fine. The issue was the food. The steak was very bland and my wife's chicken was on the dry side. Given the quality of the food, it was overpriced. The only reason I gave it three stars was the service.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I absolutely enjoy eating at the Outback where I live. During a recent trip down to Harrisonburg we stopped in Outback for lunch. The restaurant was empty so we were seated immediately. Our waitress Amanda came over right away and took our drink orders. She returned quickly with the drinks and took our food order and then the wait began..... We ordered an appetizer which I thought should come out quickly. Unfortunately the appetizer didn't arrive for another 20 minutes. We also didn't see our waitress again until the meal was brought out. I'm not sure if this customary but normally we see our waitress/waiter multiple times as they are coming by to ensure our drinks are refilled and everything is okay.

As stated I enjoy Outback so I will definitely visit my normal locations and if in this area again - will give the restaurant another chance.