My husband, two-year-old daughter, and I stayed in the Bishop's Retreat suite a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to find a B&B that will accept kids, and this one was perfect - on the phone, the owner recommended this specific suite because it's removed from the rest of the house, so noise doesn't disturb others. The suite was spacious although low-ceilinged and the bathroom and particularly the shower/tub were small. Overall, we were quite comfortable. The staff were all very nice and accommodated our request for an early breakfast. The breakfasts were tasty though perhaps not as large or varied as at other B&Bs we've visited. All said, it's not what I'd call a luxurious B&B, but it was very pleasant and I'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Inn, located in Harrisonburg in Virginia's central Shenandoah Valley. Whether staying one night or more, our one-of-a-kind Shenandoah Valley lodging is legendary. Guests return time and again to experience the comfort and intimacy of our four Main House Suites and five Luxurious Cottages. We hope to meet you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- By The Side Of The Road Inn & Cottages Hotel Harrisonburg
- By The Side Of The Road Inn And Cottages