My colleagues gave me a gift certificate to By The Side of the Road as a retirement gift. My husband and I spent two nights in the Mountain Laurel suite and it was like our own private world. The suits are away from the main house, delicious breakfasts were delivered to our door in a basket, and the location was nearby downtown Harrisonburg. We are from the Washington, DC area, and this was a lovely 3-hour drive from there through some beautiful Virginia scenery. Our suite was contemporary -- the shower was divine, and the small refrigerator was stocked with local wine (for purchase) and water. The suite was well-appointed with glassware, dishes, utensils and a coffeemaker (and coffee). Our bed was extremely comfortable -- the sheets were sooo soft! Highly recommended! We were a bit confused by all of the remotes for the TV, VD, CD player, but one of the innkeepers very kindly came to our suite to show us how to work them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Inn, located in Harrisonburg in Virginia's central Shenandoah Valley. Whether staying one night or more, our one-of-a-kind Shenandoah Valley lodging is legendary. Guests return time and again to experience the comfort and intimacy of our four Main House Suites and five Luxurious Cottages. We hope to meet you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- By The Side Of The Road Inn & Cottages Hotel Harrisonburg
- By The Side Of The Road Inn And Cottages