My wife, our newborn baby and I stayed at By the Side of the Road a few months ago as a special getaway before my wife returned to work after maternity leave. Even though I failed to find a place for us to go before the week before, By the Side of the Road had a room available - during peak leaf season - and was one of the few such establishments in the Harrisonburg area that had accommodations for children. The hospitality was wonderful. Even though we only stayed one night, everything was ready when we arrived to check in, and the staff was warm, friendly and helpful. This was our first experience with a B and B, and we will definitely back. From help picking an appropriate restaurant, to suggestions on things to see on our way back to Northern Virginia, to the the wonderful breakfast, we couldn't have asked for more, especially at such a reasonable price. Like I wrote earlier, we will definitely be back for a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Inn, located in Harrisonburg in Virginia's central Shenandoah Valley. Whether staying one night or more, our one-of-a-kind Shenandoah Valley lodging is legendary. Guests return time and again to experience the comfort and intimacy of our four Main House Suites and five Luxurious Cottages. We hope to meet you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- By The Side Of The Road Inn & Cottages Hotel Harrisonburg
- By The Side Of The Road Inn And Cottages