I can't say enough about our stay. We stayed in the Fitzgerald cottage and I think the 1st floor was one of the most romantic environments / atmospheres we experienced in our life. Words cannot describe what a fantastic time we had. We trailored our motorcycle and rode some of the best motorcycle roads on the east coast during the day and had this wonderful place to come "home" to for the evenings. We loved every aspect of the experience; the breakfast both morning's was delicious, the bed was one of the most comfortable we ever experienced and the hot tub with fireplace was PHENOMENAL. Joshua Wilton House was fantastic if your interested in fine dining and rooftop dining at Cally's was great for a more casual atmosphere. Bottom line, if you want or need a truely romantic getaway, I highly recommend this B&B. My only issue is the website says it is the best B&B in the Shenandoah Valley, when in fact, it is one of the best B&B's anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Inn, located in Harrisonburg in Virginia's central Shenandoah Valley. Whether staying one night or more, our one-of-a-kind Shenandoah Valley lodging is legendary. Guests return time and again to experience the comfort and intimacy of our four Main House Suites and five Luxurious Cottages. We hope to meet you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- By The Side Of The Road Inn & Cottages Hotel Harrisonburg
- By The Side Of The Road Inn And Cottages