Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisonburg, VA
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was wonderful and the staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was great and there was a good selection. The pool and the hot tub provided a relaxation after a long day driving. Having extended hours was a plus. Would definitely return!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CX_HRVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisonburg, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit such excellent review and for staying with us in Harrisonburg, VA. We are excited that your experiences have been so great and that your find our staff accommodating and our breakfast great. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I found the room and the accomodations very comfortable, the btreakfast was great, and the front desk staff very friendly and very helpful with any requests and information we needed, but I do have to say that the room was not soundproof at all, we could hear the people next door to us very clearly and there was children in the room so it was a bit noisy. But it did quiet sown and we enjoyed a very comfortable and good night sleep while there. We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub a couple times and I did think that the hot tub was a bit too hot...just my opinion, once in it I relaxed and enjoyed it but couldn't stay any more than the suggested 15 minutes because I was sweating and red in the face so i got out and enjoyed cooling off in the pool. I would certainly stay at this hotel again if I am in the area

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cindeeie

Thank you for taking the time to submit an excellent review and for staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg, VA. We are thrilled that your stay was so comfortable and that the breakfast was great. We also appreciate you bringing your concerns to us, and can rest assured that we will be looking into the hot tub and noise issues. We look forward to your next visit should your travels bring you back to Harrisonburg.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night because we were just passing through. It just happened that the other hotel next door was booked so we tried this one and are glad we did. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was very friendly and free hot breakfast was great as well. It was nice that the indoor pool was open until 12 so we could stretch a little after being in the car all day. I would definitely stay here again if we pass through this area.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg, VA. We are so glad to hear the hotel fit your needs to a T! We look forward to your next visit when you return to Harrisonburg.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a night on our way from NY to Tenn. I chose this brand hotel from our prior experience in PA.

This hotel was smaller but suited our needs to a T, and if it wasn't for the thin walls, I would have nothing but positives to say. The front desk was friendly and attentive to our needs recommending a local restaurant for dinner and getting our bathroom light fixed promptly (needed new fluorescent bulbs). The pool was nice but cloudy (not really negative), and the breakfast hit the spot - slightly better than expected. As others have stated, the breakfast area is small, so get there early like we did.

But listening to the guests in the adjacent room, which was on the 3rd floor as requested, until 1:30am, just about ruined our sleep which we desperately needed before continuing our journey. And when I say listening, I mean that we could make out just about every word that they were saying. I know that some people are rude and don't care about the other guests in the hotel, but come on...

This would not have been a problem, if these newer hotels were properly constructed. I know that companies must save bucks to stay in business, but taking shortcuts, with regards to building materials/design kind of defeats the purpose of what a hotel should be doing - providing all around comfort for its guests... Not taking shortcuts at the expense of its guest to save a buck...

Not sure if I will stay here on my return trip. Would rather risk traveling the full 11.5 hrs...

And this is coming from a Carlson card member...

Stayed: August 2014
CX_HRVA, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisonburg, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg, VA. We would like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. The hotel does adhere to a strict noise policy which is enforced when noise issues are reported. We do appreciate you joing the Club Carlson program during your stay and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was the first time that I stayed at one of these hotels. I typically stay at Holiday Inn express or Hampton Inn. The hotel room was affordable, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool area was nice as was the excellent free hot breakfast. I would stay there again. Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn have competition.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas K

Thank you for taking the time to submit such nice review and for trying out the Country Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg, VA. We are thrilled that your first experience in our chain was such a good one and that you found our hotel to be so competitive. We look forward to your future visits at Country Inn & Suites throughout your travels.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have kids in Harrisonburg and stay here whenever I'm in town. Nice hotel. The pool area is open till late which is nice for relaxing in the hot tub. The staff is always friendly. Very convenient to JMU.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking the time to submit such excellent review and for making us your hotel of choice when visiting your family in Harrisonburg, VA. We are excited that your experiences have been so great and that your find our staff friendly and our accommodations relaxing. We look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a 12 hour ride and arriving in the middle of the night, the front desk attendant greeted me with a morning sunshine smile. Couple that with the fact that I had car problems earlier that day that prompted me to call the hotel earlier notifying them I may not be able to make it, it was extra appreciative to me that the manager still held a room for my family that night. She had called me earlier in the day to follow up with my reservation and I advised her the car was undergoing some major work and I was not sure I would make it.
Long story short, the staff there had sold my room but provided an upgrade for my family so that I was able to get a good night sleep before traveling the next leg of our trip.

I will be making this a regular stay for us when traveling through that town again. The reason is the great service by several members of the staff there both during the night and the morning after.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit such an excellent review and for staying with us at the Country Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg, VA. We are happy to hear that your experience was such a pleasant one after a challenging day. We look forward to your next visit when your travels brings you back to the area.