“Horrible service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Extremely slow service with very average food for the price. Server apologized many times but at some point you have to fix it. Never received the high chair we requested. Took 10+ minutes before our server took drink orders. Brought wrong salad and had to be reminded to bring the correct one. When it came, it came with our meal. Offered us more bread but had to be reminded to bring it. Chicken was strips purchased in bulk like that comes with fajitas, and not what I would expect from a mid-price Italian restaurant. No baby changing table. Won't be back and a couple who left as we did said they will not either. Better Italian options in Harrisonburg like L'Italia and Vito's.

1  Thank Joshua P

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I ate at Bravo Italian Restaurant last week and found the food to be tasty... much better than a chain Italian restaurant. He had the pollo de marsala and I have the veal piccata. Our server was new and inexperienced and had to ask someone else when I inquired if the veal piccata came with pasta... obviously he was unfamiliar with the dishes. In addition, he did not place the correct dishes in front of us, despite the fact he had no other tables at the time we were there... again unfamiliarity with the dishes. We had to make a special request for grated Parmesan cheese which is normally offered at the time the entrees are served. The food was good and worthy of patronage, especially if you want something other than food from the many chain restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The atmosphere is great. The staff was very friendly. You will see double as a good-looking pair of twins are on the wait staff. The food was excellent! If you have never had a pizza there, what a Harrisonburg secret. VERY GOOD!!!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I ordered the Pasta Puttanesca, with a side salad and house dressing (Italian). The lettuce was a bagged mix with mainly iceberg lettuce. The dressing was bad; it tasted store bought. The bread was homemade, but soaked with butter. The Pasta Puttanesca was extremely bland. The pasta was prepared without enough salt in the water, and also was not drained properly before serving. The tomatoes had little flavor, and needed more garlic and some fresh basil. The waiter was friendly but did not bother to check how the meal was while I was eating; nor ask when I was done (he did ask if I wanted dessert or coffee). I was there at noon, and only one other table was seated. If they do not turn around the cooking and put some pride into the ingredients, preparation, and service, I doubt this restaurant can stay in business in the long run. The atmosphere is very nice - the only "plus" of the experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Bravo was average at best. Hubby had like 8 mussels on a plate. Calimari breading was too thick fried to hard and very small rings. Caesar salad was good. Best entree was the chicken in lemon. Pasta sides were small. Hubby had pasta with marinara mushroom sauce was tasteless. Couple dining with us both felt this restaurant was average. Skip dessert ..... the chocolate cake was horrible and dry.