“Loved the atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast
dublin
“Loved the atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hubby and I stopped in on our way to Asheville, and were not disappointed. It is an old fashion diner, with a bar only. Not the most comfy seats, but authentic. Wait staff friendly and efficient. I love biscuits and they have the BEST. Standard breakfast fare, cooked at the grill in front of you.
Next time we are in the area, save us a couple of stools!

• Visited October 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic staff”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We're from the UK and have just come back from visiting our friends in Harrisonburg. VA. On the last day of our visit my youngest Daughter told me that she wanted to eat in a real American diner, so we were directed to this one by the railway tracks. Wow ! I'm not sure whether there is a diner that is more authentic than this one but I'd recommend it as part of any tourist schedule. No idea what I was ordering but it was delicious. Cooked right in front of us and the coffee just kept coming. All the staff were lovely and made us really welcome - wish there were places like this in Manchester. Prices were incredibly cheap !

• Visited August 2013
Verona, VA
“Love it this Old School way!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I do not want to say too many great thing about this place because I want to make sure there is enough room left for me to eat. Super friendly staff. And my food was excellent. Going to have to go and try again for the chicken I am hearing about. Your food is cooked right in front of you and that is the way it should be. Brings back memories eating in a place like this. My daughter loved the home fries.

• Visited July 2013
New Market, Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My eating experience at the diner was really nice. It is small but the food is very good. the servers are nice and friendly. This diner has been around a very long time and I hope it continues to do well.

• Visited January 2013
Springvale, Maine
“It's a diner!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I really wanted to like this place. Service was great! I liked every employee in the establishment. The food was pretty shaky. Even though I paid extra for a "ham steak" (in lieu of "ham") it still resembled shoe leather... streaked with grizzle and was much saltier than most bacon. The eggs, toast and home fries were all good, but pretty standard. Atmosphere is just what you expect since you can see pretty much the whole place from outside. It resembles the old style railroad car diner. There are no tables, only a long bar.

• Visited October 2012