“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #31 of 280 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I only found this place by looking up Thai food online. I called and placed my order and must have driven past it twice before I found it, but after I knew where it was I was there about once a week while I lived there! My favorites were the Massaman Curry, Pad See-Ew and always the Sticky Rice and Mango. The spring rolls and egg rolls were always good and fresh as well! If you are in the area please go looking for this place!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Great thai food and very fair prices for the portion sizes. The pad prik king is amazing and I don't see it offered at most Thai places. However, the decor definitely isn't anything special. Come here if you're looking for fabulous authentic Thai food, not ambiance.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

This place does not look like much from the outside, but the flavor and service inside is remarkable. If you enjoy true Thai food I highly recommend Thai flavor. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Eaten here twice - both times good with a few reservations. First time, had the green curry which was excellent - as good as Taste of Thai and an even larger quantity (even more to take home than normal!). Friend had a vegetarian pad thai dish - can't remember the name - and she loved it.

This time, I had the pho and wife, one of the rice vermicelli dishes - also fresh rolls. Pho was nice, but I've had better broth (I've been spoiled with very good Pho where we used to live). Still, better than elsewhere in Harrisonburg. The vermicelli dish was a little bland - no cucumbers and something just not right. Again, we're probably spoiled, as the places we've ordered this most often are Vietnamese and have this dish with spring rolls AND grilled pork. The fresh roll (can't remember what they call it here) again was good, but not great. Most places have mint in them - which just adds a little more flavor. Wasn't real thrilled with the dipping sauce (I think vinegar with crushed peanuts?), so I just substituted hoisen - which is on the table.

. . . so we'll be back. May head more towards the Thai type of meals as opposed to the Vietnamese. Again, don't get me wrong - it was GOOD, just not great. I'll probably alternate with Taste of Thai, as I like a couple of dishes there (spicy octopus - yum!) that are just special!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Talay pad pah #75 on menu was wonderful spicy coconut broth with a vet generous amount of seafood truly a wonderful dish. Great soups too. This is the best Thai restaurant in the area. Don't be fooled by the decor it is a great place to eat with friendly hardworking people.