“Great food for value and quantity”
Review of Waterman's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We ate here April 4 Friday evening. It was about 6:30 pm and not busy. I had fried shrimp was very good. Husband had a steak and enjoyed it. Waitress was great. Lots of food and compared close to other local food. We would go back!!

1  Thank Sheryl046

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have gone twice recently, last week and today for lunch. I liked the bread bowl so much I ordered it again. It was filled with Crab Bisque and served with a yummy side salad. I was with a group of eight friends today and four last week and we all enjoyed our food selections.
Maryalyce J.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I made a trip to Heathsville, VA this Saturday night, Oct. 19 to try the Waterman's Restaurant. There were about 50 customers there and we were instantly welcomed and seated by a friendly and courteous hostess. The restaurant is located in a wooded area just off of state route 360 and has spacious parking.
The owner and operator is a waterman who raises his own oysters for sale to the public and works the water daily. He provides fresh seafood to the restaurant.
The waitress was friendly and could answer any question that we asked. The meal was served in a timely manner. We never waited for service at any time. Wow!
The restaurant has a full bar that I would love to try at another time.
My appetizer was a platter of 12 beautiful fresh oysters on the half-shell and my wife had the fried calamari.

We would highly recommend both of these delightful ways to begin a meal.
I had the soft shell platter and my wife had the crab soup served in a crusted bowl made of fresh baked bread.
Needless to say, we didn't get to try their deserts.
This was a delightful meal and night out after all of the rain that we have having.
We highly recommend this restaurant for reasonable prices, great service and really good food.
Howard D

2  Thank Howard D
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We ate here Oct. 3 evening and were sorely disappointed! Maybe the fact that I asked for sautéed seafood rather than fried, and a baked potato instead of fries upset the chef. The scallops were still cold (obviously frozen when put into pan) and not cooked through. Cocktail sauce was brought to the table frozen. Two in our party had a small dish of assorted vegetables that were undercooked (barely warm), and my potato was not fresh --- probably left over from much earlier in the day, or the day before.
The one in our group who was pleased with food ordered a special of the day.

I will not be returning here. Is a bit pricey, and quality was far below acceptable! Very nice building and wonderful waitress, but food did not pass the test

1  Thank Kay G
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was our first visit to Waterman's. We've lived in the area for two years and pass it all the time, always saying "we need to check that place out."

We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in - very nice atmosphere.

Employees were very friendly and helpful.

I had one of the evening specials - Lobster and shrimp fettuccine. It was excellent.

My wife had a rockfish dish and she said it was very good.

They have three beers on tap and a full bar.

The prices are $$$ but well worth it.

They told us that they occasionally have entertainment, so we got on their mailing list.

We look forward to going back.

1  Thank SkyPilot1949