SpringHill Suites by Marriott Herndon Reston
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$133
US$111
Staybridge Suites Dulles(Herndon)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$184
US$178
US$103
ComfortInn
All reviewsthe breakfast areawaffle makeroffice areafridge and microwavebusy hoteldc areasofa bedcomplimentary breakfastoatmealroom was spaciousmetro stationnorthern virginiashuttle servicehotel of choicebusiness tripone night staywe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in October of 2011. In general, the property is very nice. The rooms seem to be updated and clean. Even though it is not a full suite (only a half wall between the beds and the living area), the extra room was extremely valuable. We had our two kids with us and letting them sleep while we could be in a separate area was nice. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave so, if we wanted to, we could save leftovers to eat the following day. The breakfast was ok. Eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, cereal, etc. Not the best, but more than a basic continental breakfast. The pool was a disappointment. For some reason, the heater was not working for the water but they still let people swim. So the pool was way too cold for swimming. The hot tub was about the right temperature that the pool should have been. That was a pretty big disappointment for the kids. The beds were also very soft and not comfortable for four straight nights. We got a room with a connecting door to the next room. This turned out to be a disaster. Because it was a doorway and not a full wall, we could hear literally everything going on next door. This was a particular problem because on one night, there was music and talking going on past midnight. If you do stay here, I would request a room WITHOUT the adjoining room door. The staff was nice and the lobby was comfortable.

Room Tip: Select a room WITHOUT adjoining rooms (unless you are with a group) to reduce noise at night from those next door.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OrangeIce
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The best part: a terrific AAA rate. For that price, it was an awesome place. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was free and pretty good. Free parking, free Internet. Water pressure was fine. There was a little food shop for late-night snacking. THe down side was 3-4 busloads of soccer players and a good supply of partying dudes staying there on the Sat night I was there, but you can find that anywhere... I'd stay here again.

1  Thank professorroyhinkley
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed here as an alternative to the pricey Hyatt at the Reston Town Center. The Sprinhill Suites Herndon met my expectations for a decent, clean, large room that is somewhat on the lower end of amenities.

The good:
- Nice large room
- Very clean
- Comfortable bed
- Nice big flatscreen TV with plentiful HD channels
- Decent free internet
- Decent free breakfast
- Plentiful free parking

The less good:
- Under-the-window ac unit was a bit noisy coming on and off throughout the night
- Towels were pretty cheap
- Odd bathroom layout, one room for sink and another for toilet/shower

I would stay here again.

1  Thank pnear
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed at this location for 3 days. I love the fact that it literally sits outside of the city police station, so safety is a no-brainer. This isn't the first Springhill Suites I've stayed in, but it is my least favorite. I've never stayed in a hotel where the bath towel and face towels not only don't match, but were really thin and cheap feeling. There was something that looked similar to a phone jack about 5 feet up on the wall that was hanging off as if somebody attempted to fix it and forgot about it. Out of the 3 days there, we returned one evening and our room hadn't been cleaned at all. I put the '"do not disturb" sign on the door at night only to be awaken by housekeeping trying to enter the room at 8am. The breakfast was ok. The usual waffles, powdered eggs, and some grey looking meat patties that there were passing off as sausage. I didn't utilize the pool or weight room, but I thought it was odd that they had an Enterprise Rent A Car in the hotel just off the lobby. I did use the "business area" by the front door and was surprised by how old the computer was. I got this hotel at a wonderful rate of $64 a night and that was the only thing that made it worthwhile. It sits in a beautiful suburb with a Target just down the street that we used to purchase soft drinks for the fridge. This place gives you the feel of a Motel 6 with a Springhill Suites sign outside. I won't stay at this location on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Booked this place as a last minute reservation. This was the only Marriott property in the area that had an opening for the time we were traveling. I have never stayed at a SpringHill Suites before, and it will probably be the last. Nothing terrible, but not what I am accustomed to with Courtyard and Marriott hotels. If I had only stayed one night, it would not be a problem, but I was there for a week; this is not the place you want to stay for a week.

Overall the hotel was clean, well appointed and most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Another plus was the breakfast area, I just got coffee, and breakfast once, but there was plenty of breakfast items like "real" oatmeal, scramble eggs and bacon or sausage. I noticed waffle batter and a waffle iron. Nice clean area, well managed.

The downside is that the rooms are very noisy. There is a ventilation system in the bathroom that you cannot shut off, it gives off a constant drone, as if you were in a factory. Even with the bathroom door shut, you could hear the hum all night long..... The A/C was loud as well, buzzed and vibrated. Not great if you are sensitive to that sort of thing. Bed was uncomfortable; too soft or maybe just old, not sure. The sheets could have been a little better, very scratchy...

If you are on a budget, this place is a good value...