“Nice Hotel - Great Price for the area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Hotel is conveniently located and half the price of some of the hotels in the area. Staff was friendly, room was clean and quiet, breakfast included eggs and sausage as well as cold items. I stayed for one night on a business trip and was happy with both the hotel and the service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank brendab2

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is obviously a remodeled older hotel. The family and I stayed after a wedding in the local area. The hotel lobby and room were very clean and well-kept. The breakfast area was a bit close (some might say intimate). The staff seemed to have a bit of difficulty keeping up with the demand, but overall breakfast was very good. No pool at the hotel, which was a bit disappointing, but not a big deal. After check-out, we discovered one of the boys blankets missing. We called back and they found it. We swung by and picked it up the next day, since we were still in the area. Like the title says - Great Service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed for an extended stay (10 nights, including through Thanksgiving) to help my daughter before and after she had her first child. First of all, the front desk staff is very helpful, showing me a room and signing me up for IHG points after I'd looked and decided to stay here. Although the property is older, with smaller rooms and small bathroom, it is very clean, with a comfortable bed ( essential for me), everything working properly, and very good in-room heat ( it got down in the teens during my stay). Free breakfast was a plus and there were eggs everyday, along with cereal and bagels, pastry, and yogurt. More fruit would have been good. The room rate I received was very good and the stay was an excellent value!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arrived and was met with extremely friendly staff. All was arranged ahead of time by the hotel. Great amenities throughout our stay and extremely affordable. Breakfast was complimentary and very tasty with all the healthy options we appreciate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I do not like loud noises; I like peaceful places. To my dismay when I walked into the lobby area of the Express the Christmas music was blaring so loudly that it was more a wall of distortion than discernible notes. Although I arrived at almost 16:00 my room was not quite ready and I was asked to wait. I pleaded with the front desk lady to turn down the music while I waited. She said she could not. So I sat in my car for 30 minutes until my room was ready.

The room, unfortunately, was right across from the elevators and the door was neither light nor sound proof. During my 3 days in the hotel all conversations from the elevators reached clearly to my room, plus bright light stream all around the door.

Wifi worked well. The bed was comfortable. Towels were old and thin. The room was worse for the wear.

I wish the breakfast would use dishes rather than environment killing plastic plates and utensils.

Overall this was a shabby place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us. If you would let me know the date of your arrival I will try to find out why your room was not ready when you arrived at 4pm.

I apologize that you found the room to be noisey. I wish we had known that you were not getting a restful night's sleep, so we could have moved you to a room further away from the elevator. Rooms are assigned based upon the room type and rate reserved, but we are always happy to move someone to a quieter room if they are light sleepers.

TripAdvisor recently recognized the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon as a 2013 Certificate of Excellence winner based on our facilities and guest service. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Patrick Foley

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Always enjoy staying at this hotel. The front desk staff of Remy and Tiffany are outstanding. Vey pleasant, very professional. They greet you with a smile and work to ensure your stay is above satisfactory.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We spent one night prior to our Trip to Mexico and another night upon our return, using their park and stay option. We found the hotel to be typical Holiday Inn Express. Room was great, clean with a great bed and strong Wifi. I didn't care for the vanity being in the room, with the separate bath, but besides that, it was fine, the morning breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The decor was soft and comforting. The counter staff was friendly and warm, even with our return arrival at 11:30 pm. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave L
Travellers also viewed these Herndon hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston

Address: 485 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20170 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport)
Region: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Herndon
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in Herndon
#9 Family Hotel in Herndon
#11 Romantic Hotel in Herndon
#16 Business Hotel in Herndon
Price Range: £48 - £148 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston 2.5*
Conveniently located 4 miles from the Wiehle Reston East Metro Station and 7 miles from the Dulles International Airport, our Herndon, VA hotel offers free shuttle service to both locations upon request. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast everyday of your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston. Other amenities that highlight this hotel are complimentary wireless internet, 24 hour business center and 24 hour fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport Hotel Herndon