“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Lake Charles, United States
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The staff is great. Always welcoming and friendly. I was greeted as a Hilton Honors member with a note and snacks in my room. The bartender remembered me from my prior visit and served me quickly. It is always a pleasure to visit with Paola!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for the wonderful feeback! We are happy to know that you enjoyed the snacks left in your suite! We appreciate your comment on Paola as she is our superstar bartender! I am glad to hear that she really stood out to you! I will make sure to commend her on your feedback!

We home to see you back soon!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Shoreview, MN
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I preface this review with the fact that I just spent a week at the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beachwalk and it was nice but not as nice as the Embassy Suites Dulles. Mind you, we had fun at the Waikiki Embassy Suites -come on it's Hawaii! However for a DC area hotel, Dulles Airport Embassy Suites is fantastic. The facility is amazing! The live swans in the lobby fountain are a nice touch! There's a nice pool and hot tub and gym on site. I like the atrium hotel design and the glass elevator where you can look out over the restaurant, bar and sitting area. There's always plenty of seating in the lobby bar and restaurant area. It's surprisingly quiet too. The room is very well appointed and has two large HD TVs. The personalized welcome note and baked goods were a great surprise. The staff are very attentive and polite. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and staffed. The eggs I ordered for breakfast were cooked to order. The evening reception is generous. I had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed the managers reception dinner specials. Several restaurants are in the area so I always had trouble deciding where to eat. The hotel is close the Highway 28. I had no difficulty getting to work on time while staying at the Embassy Suites. They also have a shuttle available to take you places if you don't have a rental car. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I highly recommend a stay at this place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We "Thank you" for the amazing feedback! We greatly appreciate the candid review and great recommendation. I am glad to hear that we made your stay a delightful one and the fact that you enjoyed your in suite amenities. We are happy to hear that you also took advantage of all of the great amenities that our Embassy has to offer. We hope to see you come back really soon!

Please reach out to me prior to your next visit! I will make sure to roll out the red carpet for you!

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway and It was PERFECT. The hotel itself is beautiful.The hotel room was very clean and nice. Room service was outstanding. Very friendly atmosphere with a wonderful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel,

Room Tip: There is a really good sushi restaraunt 10 min away from the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would personally like to "Thank You" for your amazing review! I am happy to hear that you had such a great stay and that you were able to take advantage of all of the amenities.

We hope to see you and your girlfriend soon!

Take care,

Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This family has stayed at this hotel many times, and it gets better and better and better. Our last stay was 3/22/2014, and we did not want to leave, but we had to get back to our other family.
Yes, the people at this hotel is our family because they treat us like their own. Each time we arrive, we get a hug and a beautiful smile from the employees along with a complimentary desert dish.

The Jacksons

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

WOW- we greatly appreciate your honest feedback and our Embassy is your home away from home. I am so thrilled to hear that our team treats you like family as this is the culture that our employee's embrace. I do hope to see you and your family stay with us again soon!

Euless, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed in five different Embassy Suites over the last eight months, and this is by far the best service I have received at any of the locations. The service at the other locations was great, but the Dulles location in Herndon went above and beyond to make sure my stay was perfect. Check-in was quick, a room with my preferred floor and location to the elevator was already chosen, and there were nice amenities waiting for me once I entered my room. Maybe it was the George and Martha (the resident swans that live in the pool in the lobby) effect! Either way, when I return to the northern Virginia area I will definitely stay at this Embassy Suites!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are honored that you think our Embassy is the best one that you have stayed in during your 8 months of travel. I greatly appreciate your amazing feedback and I am glad to hear that we were able to make sure stay so memorable. We do our very best when it comes down to Hilton Honor's members and their choice of amenity.

We hope to see you again soon!

Keyser, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went to DC for a weekend get away for my son's 17th birthday and to see the Cherry Blossom Festival. The hotel was wonderful as well as the staff. The only issue was breakfast, I am guessing due to the amount of people they never re-filled the scrambled eggs, the juice dispenser or the oatmeal......breakfast was complete chaos (understaffed). So, we ended up going to get breakfast down the road. If it weren't for the breakfast mess I would give them a much higher rating. .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

I wanted to "Thank you" for your valuable feedback! We hope that your son had a wonderful 17th birthday party. I am very apologetic for the busy croweded breakfast as this should have been controlled a lot better. We hope that you do try us again in the near future while coming out to the Cherry Blossom festival.

Please give me a call during your next trip to DC!

Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Expectations are usually never right when you stay at a hotel for the first time. However, having stayed at numerous Embassy Suites, the things you count on are always appreciated. And when there's a surprise encountered, that appreciation only increases. There was a nice note from the GM waiting in the room inviting us to check the fridge for a welcome treat. It was platter of cheeses and fruit that thrilled my wife. That set the tone. The entire staff was professional and responsive. Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Honestly, can't speak for every room...but seeing the area....can't imagine any room being u...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

We are thrilled to hear your wonderful feedback on your stay with us!!! I am glad that you loved the cheese & fruit platter that we left you in your suite. We truly value your business and hope that you will return during your next trip to the Dulles Corridor.

Glad that we made your wife's day!!!