“Embassy Dulles Herndon”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Richmond, Virginia
“Embassy Dulles Herndon”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Excellent facilities and superb staff. Definitely a home away from home. I had stayed here for years and and then stopped traveling for a few years. When I finally made it back the GM recognized me and even remembered my name! They do everything to make you feel as comfortable as possible!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally Thank you for your great feedback and amazing rating! It was nice seeing you again during the many years that have passed. It's always a treat to see our past guests and to recognize them as family.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed 7 April 2014

After a long week of driving back a forth between my new job and home I decided I needed a break. So instead of making the hour and a half trip again just to have to do make the trip back up early the next morning, I checked into the Embassy Suites.
Like the title says, this hotel has one of the friendliest staffs I've come across. From the front desk to the restaurant to the bar, everyone at the Embassy Suites Dulles made sure my stay was an enjoyable one.
The isn't the only reason to stay here though. The atrium is beautiful, the rooms are very nice with super comfy beds and the breakfast... omelets made to order! Need I say more? As nice as those things are though, it takes more than good food and a soft bed to make me want to return. It takes excellent customer service and the Embassy Suites Dulles delivers!
I will definitely be staying here again the next time I'm in the Dulles area.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally "Thank you" for the amazing feedback and great rating! We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked all of the amenities that our hotel had to offer. I am glad to hear that our entire team made your stay a memorable one and we hope to see you again soon. Please let me know when you plan to return to the Dulles corridor and I will roll out the red carpet for you.

Jackson NH
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The moment we walked through the door into the lobby, we knew that this was going to be an exceptional hotel experience. The hotel is gorgeous, with an open interior courtyard with water features (ponds with live swans!) and a bamboo forest intermingling with the breakfast area and comfortable seating nooks. LOVELY! The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, the room beyond our expectations, an the service was awesome. The manager paid special attention to us in the mornings as we ate breakfast. Nice touches everywhere. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Drea Valued Guest,

We would like to "Thank you" for the amazing feedback! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed the swans as well the bamboo and plants. Our breakfast is a huge benefit for our guests and I am glad that you truly enjoyed it.

We hope to see you back soon during your next trip to the Dulles corridor.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 April 2014

For a family of one adult and 2 kids, the room provided was a king w/sleeper sofa. The king bed was comfortable, but would have preferred 2 queen beds, however, the only other option was a double-double room, which would not have worked so had to take the king w/sofa. The room was a good size except the a/c unit didn't cool the room down. The bathroom was fine but no fan to get rid of the steam and no nightlight or dimmer for getting up at night. The maid didn't replenish the tea/coffee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback. I would personally like to apologize for the issue with the bed types. We only offer either a king suite or a double/double suite. We hope that this does not affect you from choosing our hotel again. I would always recommend a double/double if you have a family of 4. I am also apologetic in the fact that you had some HVAC issues. I will make certain to make our building engineer aware of this issue. We hope to see you again soon!

Chantilly, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here while we waited to close on our home. I must say that the staff and service was excellent. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The hot breakfast and daily managers reception is always something to look forward to. The General Manager, Louis Kuglitsch greeted us during the reception and was very welcoming. We would highly recommend that you stay here as its very close to the major highways to get to and from DC. We will definitely come back as a Stay-cation like many other guest that we met.

BTW - Kudos to the Embassy Suites for the chocolate covered strawberries. Nice touch!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the amazing 5 Star rating as well as great recommendation of our hotel! We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay along with reception and complimentary cooked to order breakfast.

We hope to see you again soon!

Weatminster
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Always friendly staff and we stay frequently! Happy hour from 5:30-7:30 with free drinks! The rooms are clean and always fresh!! We come back twice a year!! I will keep coming back due to service and cleanliness!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly value your business and cannot thank you enough for the great 5 Star Rating! I am glad that you truly enjoyed the evening managers reception. We hope to see you again soon!

Roseville, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Absolutely great experience. we were using it as a restful place between africa trips, and we truly succeeded. Everything was well done. It was clean, comfortable, and the service was excellent. The van for airport pickup and delivery was prompt. Breakfast was excellent, and we also enjoyed the manager's reception in the afternoons. Overall atmosphere was really pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed twicw and only experienced the upper two floors, as far as rooms are concerned. Both were...