“Best front desk and great room”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Mill Valley, California
“Best front desk and great room”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The person at the desk when we checked in was wonderful. The room was clean and updated. And the hotel has two swans swimming in a pool in the lobby! We loved staying here on the last night of an 8 day vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear DHCJ,

I would like to personally "Thank you" for the great feedback and nice 5 Star rating! We are happy to hear that our front desk agents really stood out for you! Service is very important to us! The swans are a nice touch for the hotel as they do stand out to our guests. Glad to know that you like them as well! We hope that you choose us again for your next trip out of Dulles!

See you soon!

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the huge room to the made to order breakfast, you can't go wrong. The manager's reception bartender is the BEST! She always remembers me and what I drink. Love this hotel! The swans are a nice touch too!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JoeBaldetti
Dear Mr. Baldetti,

Thank you so much for the great 5 Star Review and amazing recommendation! We truly value your business and always look forward to you staying with us! I'm happy to know that you enjoy both complimentary breakfast and our evening reception. I will make sure to share your feedback with our team, specifically, Paola!

We hope to see you soon!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

30 May 2014: Wafa's service was first class prior to our arrival. Although, upon arrival we had to ask Jennifer to have the TV fixed in our original room #414.

31 May 2014: Saturday morning, on what we thought was just an unusually warm day and prior to our departure to our Aunt's Memorial Service, we realized the A/C was not working properly. Upon a brief return at approximately 3:30PM our room had not been serviced. Again, we spoke with Jennifer, and she indicated that the hotel was "short-staffed." Soon thereafter, we received towels to shower because we had to leave at 5:00PM for the family's post-gathering event. We returned at 1:00AM 1 June 2014, and the room was clean at that point; however, it was extremely hot in our room. Needless to say, we were physically, emotionally, and mentally drained given our travels and the Memorial service.

1 June 2014: Sunday morning we notified the "Chief Engineer" working at the front desk of the A/C problem. When returned to our room at approximately 8:00PM, Wafa indicated that we needed to move because the A/C system could not be fixed. So, we moved- tired and all- to room #502. The room was cool-yeah!!! Unfortunately, the television in the bedroom was inoperable. Again, we notified Wafa; engineering arrived, attempted to fix the TV, realized that the TV could not be fixed, and returned with a replacement TV.

On Monday 2 June 2014, I discussed my concerns with the General Manager, Luis Kuglitsch, and he decided to refund all monies for the stay. In addition, the General Manager has followed up with me to keep me abreast of the refund process.

I will update this posting when the refund has been received.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bradley C
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would personally like to "Thank you" for your honest feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to me and my team. I would like to personally apologize to you for the inconsistency with your stay with us. This is not your typical stay at our Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. I have brought up your concerns to our management team to make sure this issue does not occur again. We hope to see you again during your next trip to the Dulles Corridor area. I am glad that I was able to speak with you and your wife to make things right with your stay.

Please reach out to me prior to your next trip to Dulles.

GM
Chesterfield, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you like to stay cool at night, stay clear of this place - very little in room control, and usually on the warm side. Third time I have stayed here and had that problem, and it will probably be the last. The rest of the hotel experience is good here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Darryl H
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to "Thank you" for choosing our Embassy Suites for your lodging! We are very apologetic for the issue that you brought up concerning the HVAC in your suite. This is not a typical issue at our facility and I will have our building engineer follow up on this. Would you please be able to reach out to me at 703-464-4430 to discuss this situation with hopes of a resolution.

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On May 25th we made our wedding, the stuff was very nice and helpful all the time... They helped me to make my most important date the most beautiful and i didn't stress about anything because they had it everything set up for me... they were very thoughtful and accessibles in what i asked them.
All my guests were fascinated with the place and specially the beautiful swans in the pond, they were the center of the party since everyone wanted to take them pictures :) i was so pleased and happy to make my wedding here and i would do it again if i have to.
we decided to spend our honeymoon in the hotel too and we were surprised when we saw how big the room was, the bed was so confi that neither my husband nor i wanted to get up, and what can i tell you about the breakfast, DELICIOUS! everything was just perfect

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laura052514
Dear valued guest:

We are facinated with your amazing feedback and greatly appreciate the fact that you allowed us to be such an important part of your wedding! I am happy to hear that we made the most important day of your lives together a memorable and enjoyable experience for you! Here at the Embassy Suites Dulles you can always count on us! Here at the Embassy Dulles we wish you both a happy long lasting marriage! We hope to see you next year for your anniversary!

Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The real charm of this hotel were the two beautiful swans in the pond inside the foyer of the hotel. They were named George & Martha.My daughter insisted on visiting them several times a day to take photo's. There is a small, indoor swimming pool. The lifeguard Charles, even though he was not feeling well when we were there, was very safety conscious and pleasant to chat to. The desk staff were lovely and efficient. We got there too early and were exhausted from an early rising to catch a 6 a.m. flight there. They very kindly got us into a room by 1:30p.m. instead of 3p.m. As the rooms were being cleaned they kept us up to date and told us they'd have a room shortly for us. It was very much appreciated!
The breakfast each day is fabulous. There is an omelette, pancake, waffle station where everything is cooked to order. In addition there is also a buffet station if you are going out and don't have time to wait on line for individual service.They also have a "Happy Hour" in the afternoons with a few different drinks you may choose from.
The beds were comfy, clean. Plenty of towels were supplied also.
My family loved it here. We will definitely stay there next time we are back in the area. We will also look to stay with them in other areas also we were so happy with the accomodations.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Maria S
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and great rating! We truly value your business and will never take it for granted. I am excited to hear that your daughter truly enjoyed the Royal Swans- George and Martha! At Embassy Suites Dulles you can always count on a Complimentary fully cooked to order breakfast as well as complimentary drinks at our evening reception! We are happy to hear that you had taken advantage of both! We do take great pride in delivering the cleanest suites around! I will make sure to share your great feedback with the entire team!

We hope to see you again soon!

Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We found this Embassy Suites to be really nice for an airport hotel. It definitely catered to the business crowd. There was a conference there for special needs people and that seemed to be handled very well. The "cocktail" hour was adequate. The cooked-to-order breakfast was wonderful. The suite accommodated 5 of us nicely. Plenty of towels, very clean. The lobby was pleasant to just sit and peruse the newspapers provided. The family enjoyed the swimming pool and workout room.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor with a nice view of the open lobby.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DocGlo2013
Dear valued guest:

I would like to personally "Thank you" for the great feedback! I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad to hear that you took advantage of our shuttle to transport you to and from the Udvar Hazy Center which is a great family Museum to go to! You can always count on a consistent Complimentary cooked to order breakfast with a evening reception as well! It's always nice to hear when our guests take advantage of using all of the complimentary amenities that the hotel has to offer! We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for your feedback!