“Above average Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very nice Embassy Suites, living room was spacious and bedroom even had a desk to work at. Hotel and room were very clean. The exercise room had new equipment and they had a small pool and Jacuzzi. The drinks were were good and flowed freely at the manager's reception. I had to leave early so I did not get a chance to try the free breakfast. Only negative was their 2 elevators were very slow, on the positive side they were glass elevators and you had a very of the center courtyard with the 2 large swans sliming around? Only 30 min to drive and fuel up the rental car, drop it off and get a shuttle ride to the terminal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear ADIIIUSN,

Thank you for the nice feedback and good rating! I do apologize for the slower elevators and will have our elevator company look into this issue. I am happy to hear that you had more positive feedback with your stay and that you really enjoyed the hotel amenities such as the evening reception and fitness center! We greatly appreciate your honest feedback and do hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for mentioning that we are an- Above Average Embassy!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Staying in the hotel for business was a pleasure. A lot of positives, with the only negative being a lack of free WIFI. Room was very comfortable and good value for a moderate price. The extras (complementary breakfast and happy hour drinks) were highly appreciated as was the slightly quirky outside-in experience in the main hotel and breakfast area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Martin F,

I would like to "Thank you" for the nice recommendation and honest feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I would first off like to apologize for the fee that we do charge for the wifi as it is not complimentary unless you are a Hilton Honor's member. If you were to sign up prior to your next visit we would be more than happy to waive it. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of the nice complimentary amenities that the hotel has to offer.

We do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very nice property and good experience staying on a Sat night (no wedding parties at that time). Good location close to Herndon/Reston as well as Hwy 28; easy access to/from Dulles Toll Rd as well. Nice treatment of Hilton Honors members. Sheer coincidence but great view of fireworks in Herndon (directly north of the hotel across the tollway).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear rotator101,

I would like to "Thank you" for the great recommendation and nice 5 Star review! We are very close to Dulles Airport and near all of the major highways. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience as well as with the Hilton Honor's treatment. We truly value our Hilton Honor's members!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Really nice hotel, modern furnishings and a few miles from restaurants. The ducks in the lobby pool were a nice surprise, we watched them for a few minutes to see if they were real. I will stay here again if I am in the area. Very close to Dulles.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lee O,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and great 5 Star rating! We are extremely happy that you enjoyed the new modern look of our suites and hotel! The swans are a great touch which makes our hotel stand up of many other hotels around the area. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with George and Martha our Royal Swans!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The person at the desk when we checked in was wonderful. The room was clean and updated. And the hotel has two swans swimming in a pool in the lobby! We loved staying here on the last night of an 8 day vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear DHCJ,

I would like to personally "Thank you" for the great feedback and nice 5 Star rating! We are happy to hear that our front desk agents really stood out for you! Service is very important to us! The swans are a nice touch for the hotel as they do stand out to our guests. Glad to know that you like them as well! We hope that you choose us again for your next trip out of Dulles!

See you soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the huge room to the made to order breakfast, you can't go wrong. The manager's reception bartender is the BEST! She always remembers me and what I drink. Love this hotel! The swans are a nice touch too!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JoeBaldetti

Dear Mr. Baldetti,

Thank you so much for the great 5 Star Review and amazing recommendation! We truly value your business and always look forward to you staying with us! I'm happy to know that you enjoy both complimentary breakfast and our evening reception. I will make sure to share your feedback with our team, specifically, Paola!

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

30 May 2014: Wafa's service was first class prior to our arrival. Although, upon arrival we had to ask Jennifer to have the TV fixed in our original room #414.

31 May 2014: Saturday morning, on what we thought was just an unusually warm day and prior to our departure to our Aunt's Memorial Service, we realized the A/C was not working properly. Upon a brief return at approximately 3:30PM our room had not been serviced. Again, we spoke with Jennifer, and she indicated that the hotel was "short-staffed." Soon thereafter, we received towels to shower because we had to leave at 5:00PM for the family's post-gathering event. We returned at 1:00AM 1 June 2014, and the room was clean at that point; however, it was extremely hot in our room. Needless to say, we were physically, emotionally, and mentally drained given our travels and the Memorial service.

1 June 2014: Sunday morning we notified the "Chief Engineer" working at the front desk of the A/C problem. When returned to our room at approximately 8:00PM, Wafa indicated that we needed to move because the A/C system could not be fixed. So, we moved- tired and all- to room #502. The room was cool-yeah!!! Unfortunately, the television in the bedroom was inoperable. Again, we notified Wafa; engineering arrived, attempted to fix the TV, realized that the TV could not be fixed, and returned with a replacement TV.

On Monday 2 June 2014, I discussed my concerns with the General Manager, Luis Kuglitsch, and he decided to refund all monies for the stay. In addition, the General Manager has followed up with me to keep me abreast of the refund process.

I will update this posting when the refund has been received.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bradley C
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear valued guest,

I would personally like to "Thank you" for your honest feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to me and my team. I would like to personally apologize to you for the inconsistency with your stay with us. This is not your typical stay at our Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. I have brought up your concerns to our management team to make sure this issue does not occur again. We hope to see you again during your next trip to the Dulles Corridor area. I am glad that I was able to speak with you and your wife to make things right with your stay.

Please reach out to me prior to your next trip to Dulles.

GM