“Great hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed in this place over 30 days this year usually at ten or more days at a time. I will probably do another 60-90 days in 2014. The best thing about this place is the people - from Elsa at the front desk, Paola at the bar, the folks who cook and take care of us in the morning, Joaquin who seems to show up everywhere - they are all just plain friendly and seem to genuinely care about taking care of the customers. When one spends this much time away from home, it makes it especially nice. Thank you and keep up the great work!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for the 5 Star Rating! We greatly appreciate all of your kind words! I am happy to hear that both Elsa and Paola stand out to you as well as the remainder of the team. Here at the Embassy Suites Dulles, you can always count on us! We hope to see you many more times during your upcoming stays with us!

Luis Kuglitsch

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had two rooms and both were unclean. One had used sheets and a tshirt in the bed and the other and possible blood and hair on the tile in the bathroom. Should they clean-up their act, I might stay again, but how would I know? Their breakfast staff was kind and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Mary A

Dear Valued Guest:

I greatly appreciate your feedback, however I am also very apologetic for the unclean suites that you had mentioned in your recent review. This is not typical of our hotel and I will make sure to research this with our Housekeeping Manager. I do hope that we were able to correct the issue immediately and offer you some sort of compensation. When you have a chance, please give me a call at 703-464-4430.

We look forward to your next visit to Dulles!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have had a wonderful stay the GM was available throughout the evening and he was a wonderful host. Above and beyond wonderful.

Did i mention how wonderful this place is?

And the bartender Paula is the best person I've ever met behind the bar. She is happy and pleasant and cheerful as a person can ever be.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to personally "Thank you" for the amazing feedback! It was a pleasure speaking with you and your wife! I will make sure to inform Paola our bartender on your nice commentary! We hope to see you again during your next visit from Norfolk, VA.

Please give me a call prior to your next visit and I will make sure to roll out the Red Carpet for the two of you!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is one of the most interesting places that I have stayed at, which is not a compliment. The day of my arrival there was a family reunion going on here, which made the entire weekend VERY LOUD. The hotel is very dated as well as the rooms. They keep 2 swans in the
little stream located by the restaurant. Like all Embassy Suites they offer a complimentary 2 hour happy hour and breakfast. I was rather shocked that no one asked me my name or to show my room key to identify myself as a guest. I spoke with other travelers that had confessed that some stay in other hotels nearby and come here for the free drinks and breakfast. They said they have stayed here in the past and it was the same. A particular bartender does not know when she should cut someone off and seems to be pretty good about giving free drinks to customers that she likes AFTER HAPPY HOUR IS OVER. Overall the hotel is very close to some nice restaurants and the stay wasn't BORING!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank asianink

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to "Thank you" for your honest feedback. I do apologize for the fact the you noticed our bartender not card a few guests, however those guests that you noticed were regulars. I understand that this may have seemed that we do not card anyone but we do have a strict policy for the bartenders to card every guest. This is extremely important to us as we understand that anyone could take advantage of the complimentary drinks. I have notified our Food and Beverage Manager to reinforce this policy.

We do appreciate your honest feedback and do hope that you keep staying with us in the near future. We look forward to your future stay with us!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hilton Honors needs to educate their staff to be more helpful to their customers otherwise you will waste your points and your stay will not be as pleasant. I wish I had more time to read an dunderstad the plan better, because the staff surely don't

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Chad G

Dear valued Guest:

I would like to thank you for your recent feedback concerning the- Hilton Points that you mentioned. I would like to apologize for any misconception as far as the Hilton Honor's points system goes. We will revisit training with our entire front desk team in this area to make sure we can answer any questions regarding the Hilton Points system.

If you still any questions or concerns regarding your points, please give me a call so that I can help clarify.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We spent a night at the E-Suites in Herndon on our way home from a vacation trip, and enjoyed the place a great deal. We'd stayed there several times over the past six or eight years, though not recently, so we were pleasantly surprised to see how the suites have been redecorated -- nice, quiet dark tones, and new furniture, curtains and carpeting. Somebody put a lot of thought, and resources as well, into the redecoration job, and to really good effect. Service and management are still friendly and accommodating; the first room we were given was next door to a family full of hell-raisers whose idea of staying in a public accommodation seemed to consist mostly of shouting, occasional screams, and inexplicable wall-kicking (I'm not exaggerating here -- I don't think they get out very much...). When we asked whether we could re-locate we were moved to another, far quieter location with no questions asked. That sort of consideration will make a lot of friends for this establishment, long after the wall-kickers have whooped and hollered their way on down the Dulles toll road. Free cooked-to-order breakfast and an afternoon drinks reception are still part of the deal as well.

Despite what the name suggests, the hotel is not located right at Dulles Airport, but it is no more than five or ten minutes (depending upon traffic) to the East of it, and I believe it offers a van service to the airport. In the immediate area there are lots of shopping and dining options, and Reston Town Center is just two more exits to the east. In an area that has quite a few competing hotels, E-Suites has upped its game and offers a very attractive alternative in Herndon --

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building may get warm in the summer time, thanks to western exposure, but...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us! Also, "Thank you" very much for the 5 Star review and great recommendation! We greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel once again for your travel back from vacation. We hope that you were able to wind down and enjoy a nice relaxing vacation. We did most recently renovate our suites which has given them a huge modern and contemporary look. I'm glad to also hear that you and your family truly enjoyed the complimentary cooked to order breakfast and evening reception.

I do apologize for the noise next door from your neighbors and hope that we were able to remedy the situation for you.

We hope to see you and yoru family again during your next pit stop to Dulles!

Take care,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent Hotel with an outstand staff like Luis, Rohan Mohite, Yuri, Bonnie Taylor and Paohla. My first choice whenever I am in the Northern VA area for business or vacationing with my family. My daughter love the two Royal Swans!!

A. D.

Room Tip: Any room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to "Thank you" for the great 5 Star Review! It's nice to know that our team stood out to you during your business trip to the Dulles Corridor! You mentioned that you really enjoyed the company of our Royal Swans. They are the highlight of the property and our guest truly love seeing them during breakfast or at our evening reception.

We hope to see you come back soon!

Take care,